Author Topic: Grime fighter erased my Outlok Express  (Read 5238 times)

REDACTED

Grime fighter erased my Outlok Express
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »
Yesterday I bought your program Grime fighter, that was offered to clean my computer and make it faster. But it erased my e. mail Fibertel in Out look Express and I had a lot of very useful information. I have to recover it Urgently!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Grime fighter erased my Outlok Express
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:17:07 PM »
Start GrimeFighter again and there will be a option to undo the changes it made.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
Grime Fighter says i have: 2 unnecessary apps, 13 system settings,and, 531MB, of what it has deemed "junk".
I can't find anywhere to look at a detailed list and pick things off it to not be deleted. I am almost dead certain there will be at least one of these items i don't want erased, because its a program that picked them on criteria that i don't know, so, i would of course want to check first and not blindly trust it to decide what to erase for me. The problem is: can't find a way to see a detailed list and itemize before i pull the trigger. If its there at all, it should be way more obvious as this is THE FIRST thing ANYONE would want to, aside from possibly just deleting grime fighter to avoid these notices.
This thing is asking for me to have absolute blind faith in it. i think this just might be an ad for me to purchase the add on, if so: it failed then.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »
Grime Fighter says i have: 2 unnecessary apps, 13 system settings,and, 531MB, of what it has deemed "junk".
I can't find anywhere to look at a detailed list and pick things off it to not be deleted. I am almost dead certain there will be at least one of these items i don't want erased, because its a program that picked them on criteria that i don't know, so, i would of course want to check first and not blindly trust it to decide what to erase for me. The problem is: can't find a way to see a detailed list and itemize before i pull the trigger. If its there at all, it should be way more obvious as this is THE FIRST thing ANYONE would want to, aside from possibly just deleting grime fighter to avoid these notices.
This thing is asking for me to have absolute blind faith in it. i think this just might be an ad for me to purchase the add on, if so: it failed then.

Welcome.
You've posted in a Topic over 2 months old.
This issue has been posted about by other users, and I don't recall reading anything where "specific information, files" etc can be viewed when GrimeFighter wants to clean.
You may find some useful info. here: http://www.getavast.net/downloads/grimefighter/  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »
Hi,

I just bought grime fighter yesterday but I didn't receive an activation code in any of my email inbox or junk folders. I've checked my bank and the payment went but I've recieved no product.

Can anyone help, I sent an email to avast but they've not replied yet and it's been over 24hours since it was sent.

Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Have patience, it can take several days before a bank transfer is processed.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 12:01:15 AM »
Grime Fighter wiped out my MS Word. I can't find out how to access GF to roll back the changes.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »
Hi,

The next time you run GrimeFighter there should be an option to revert back to the previous state after the PC sedates.  By clicking that, GrimeFighter will return your PC to the condition it was in before the changes were made.

For future reference, when running GrimeFighter you can always check the advanced console for the list of proposed changes and customize it so that it does not remove or clean anything you don't want it to.

Please post back here if this solves the problem or if you continue to have difficulties.

Regards,

Davidek