Author Topic: avast! for Mac 9.0 released  (Read 27866 times)

REDACTED

Re: avast! for Mac 9.0 released
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 05:49:51 AM »
The free version of 9.0 (41877) has installed on my Mac Air, but it doesn't seem stable.

The new UI has a link for Devices which causes Avast to crash.  When I select the Reopen option from the OSX dialogue box Avast closes but does not restart.

The new UI also does not have any link for Maintenance, as mentioned in the email renewal notice I have just received. The link does not appear in the top-left drop downs or the Avast link in the toolbar, or in the Avast Preferences.

I am running OSX 10.6.8.  I also use Firefox 30.0 as my default browser. The new Avast plugin appears to have installed in Firefox, though right now I have it disabled, and it may well stay that way.  No extension installed in Safari, presumably because I have Safari extensions blocked.

Please advise.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
Like in the Beta, again I had to turn off Mail Shield because soem mails were not coming thru to Mail.app.
No errors about malformed headers in console this time.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »
There is 1 major issue: no way to know if the software is up-to-date. By reading there, it seems my version isn't up-to-date (41855), but karized has 41877. I don't like when I can't know if it is up-to-date or not.

Second issue: Dropbox is blocked, no sync possible if web shield is activated.

Or maybe it is still the beta. But again, no way to know if it is up-to-date. It was written that the update was automatic.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »
There is 1 major issue: no way to know if the software is up-to-date. By reading there, it seems my version isn't up-to-date (41855), but karized has 41877. I don't like when I can't know if it is up-to-date or not.

Second issue: Dropbox is blocked, no sync possible if web shield is activated.

Or maybe it is still the beta. But again, no way to know if it is up-to-date. It was written that the update was automatic.

41855 is beta 2 (the beta also had HTTPS scanning enabled by default which may break dropbox). So the question is, why did the update not succeeded. In the "/tmp" directory you should have various avast update logs (all files named avast*), that could help us. Can you please send them to me or post them here?

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks zatixjo,

the logs are very helpful. We fix this and release the update soon, likely during next week. The bug is in the package-to-be-downloaded by the update so after we do the release, it shall update for you.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »
Hi avast! team

I am glad to see You have released a new avast! for Mac, version 9.0. The new UI looks fresh and is easier to use than the old one. My avast! for Mac got updated today and so far I am pleased. However, avast! Online Security plugin got updated as well and now it has a very annoying feature – it does not remember the changes in its settings I have done. When I change the settings, it remembers the changes so far until I close the browser and open it again. I am using Safari 7.0.4. Any help?

Thank you!

Hi AleksiM,

I opened a new thread on this and then saw your post:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=152036.0

Please let me know if you get a response here and I will do the same.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
Hi avast! team

I am glad to see You have released a new avast! for Mac, version 9.0. The new UI looks fresh and is easier to use than the old one. My avast! for Mac got updated today and so far I am pleased. However, avast! Online Security plugin got updated as well and now it has a very annoying feature – it does not remember the changes in its settings I have done. When I change the settings, it remembers the changes so far until I close the browser and open it again. I am using Safari 7.0.4. Any help?

Thank you!

Hi AleksiM,

I opened a new thread on this and then saw your post:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=152036.0

Please let me know if you get a response here and I will do the same.

Eddy says ensuring that the Avast cookies remain should clear the problem.

I'm going to try it but I don't believe that the cookies approach is a viable solution.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=152036.msg1104143#msg1104143

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »
Could post a message when it the update is there, so I can check if it worked as expected. ?

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
I installed the 9.0 version on a mac running 10.7.5 and now avast will not open. I receive 'avast quit unexpectedly' every time I try.
The error report I receive is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xqr2sp4j79aaf57/AACUK-sgZwnGIrlDeKxXOrgla

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »
Release update, 9.0 build 42051, with many bug fixes. Please refer to the 1st post of this thread for change log.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »
the updater is working now  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »
But there are still issue with the web shield, with build 42061.

If activated, these does not work:
- dropbox can't sync
- The bootcamp app can't download drivers from Apple servers.

Offline fssbob2

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »
>> dropbox can't sync <<

There must be more to the story. My web shield is activated, and dropbox syncs just fine.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
Dropbox does not work, if you have HTTPS scanning enabled. It was discussed here several times.