Author Topic: Cannot Remove Add-Ons!  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Robscot

Cannot Remove Add-Ons!
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:45:22 PM »
Good afternoon.

I have Avast Premium on Windows 7 SP1, with Firefox.  Recently, Avast told me I had 2 add-ons I needed to remove --
cpbrkpieControl and MsiProductinfoClass -- but have been unable to do.  Everytime I try, it warns to to "Restart" and "Run as
Administrator." I have tried this repeated but it continues to tell me the same.  I am already to Administrator! This is maddening!!!
Anyone here experienced the same problem?  Or does anyone here have a solid suggestion as to how to accomplish this
removal request by Avast?
Thanks,
   Robscot        6/17/14      1:45 p.m.

REDACTED

Re: Cannot Remove Add-Ons!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »
I'm having a similar issue , my popup gives me only 2 choices to remove the add ons . either choose between Yahoo, or Bing as my new Browser. I'm starting to wonder if Avast is on the take , I can understand this for the free subscription supported by the sponsors they wish to support , but I'm on the paid plan, I don't want my current browser changed I just want security. I'm wondering if  Avast has been hijacked and the popup message is totally bogus and is in fact a browser hijacker disguised as Avast product .   For now I just ignore it,  and keep my current browser.   If any Avast techs happen to read  this message and are aware of any issues , please reply to it with a solution so that the community understands what's going on . Thanks .

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Cannot Remove Add-Ons!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:51 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0