Author Topic: How much more of this BS do I have to live with?  (Read 4309 times)

REDACTED

How much more of this BS do I have to live with?
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »

This is a reliable website and is excluded in my Avast settings. I am really getting upset. Fix this nonsense once and for all.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How much more of this BS do I have to live with?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:15:04 PM »
  This is a reliable website and is excluded in my Avast settings. 
I am not saying it is infected....but you say it like reliable websites cant be hacked    ???

Sucuri   http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/megathemer.net

Virustotal
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/472c3ee845c09ceab6bd864262297bb77fe5dd9a0f2d892e3fc3e2dbae3fdaf9/analysis/1403903772/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:17:30 PM by Pondus »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:15:34 PM »
What exactly do you have in avast! exclusions?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »
The url to the site. I have reported tis as a safe site in the past but it keeps on coming up with this pop up. The fact that it recommends that I install Chrome just pisses me off even more.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:53:52 PM »
I turned off Avast and downloaded the False Positive file. I then scanned it as clean which the image will show. So then please tell me exacctly where Avast's problems lies? Is it in the scanning of downloaded files or is it just a bad virus detector?

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 12:11:19 AM »
Win32:Evo-Gen [SUSP] detections are on access so they wouldn't be detected by the scanner, nor definitions (of avast) from Virustotal.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »
Win32:Evo-Gen [SUSP] detections are on access so they wouldn't be detected by the scanner, nor definitions (of avast) from Virustotal.

OK then why when I RC on this file and restore it and then click add to white list does it still detect it. I have better things to do in life other than trying to open legit downloads. If it is not detected by a scan, then how did Avast detect it when I downloaded it? If what you are saying is true, then if one of these real nasties gets true then we are sol? Well I have reported all of this to Avast and if I do not get any reply then I am finished with Avast./

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:51:03 AM »

OK then why when I RC on this file and restore it and then click add to white list does it still detect it. I have better things to do in life other than trying to open legit downloads. If it is not detected by a scan, then how did Avast detect it when I downloaded it? If what you are saying is true, then if one of these real nasties gets true then we are sol? Well I have reported all of this to Avast and if I do not get any reply then I am finished with Avast./

Once you have excluded the affected file through Global Exclusions, avast! will stop blocking it.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »
Take it easy GTX.

The site is blacklisted by ESet.
The website using a outdated version of CPanel which make it not as secure as it should be.

And there are malicious websites hosted on the same ASN
http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=1403910674232

If it is not detected by a scan, then how did Avast detect it when I downloaded it?
As you can see in the first picture you posted (please attach a picture next time and not include it, thanks) the url is blocked.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 02:09:33 AM »
Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] false positives are rampant lately.

I've reported a whole bunch.

Let's hope the Avast team get the message that they've turned up the sensitivity a bit too high.  They do seem to care that their software is accurate.

-Noel

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 04:27:29 AM »
I've  already dealt with some B-S from this program in just a week, but I'm waiting to see if some bugs are ironed out in the next iteration. I've already tossed out the Outpost Free Security Suite, and  I'm not switching yet if Avast is as good as it gets.  Have you used Avira lately? I had it some years ago.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:44:52 AM by Compaddict »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 09:43:22 AM »
The url to the site.

Please post a screenshot of your exclusion settings. Thanks.