Author Topic: No Web Shield Exclusions For App Store/Software Updates  (Read 1617 times)

Offline jputting

No Web Shield Exclusions For App Store/Software Updates
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:53:59 PM »
Hi,

I would like to know why there are still NO Web Shield Exclusions for the Mac App Store or Software Updates.

If you have Scan Secured Connections enabled and
If you do not specifically add these following Exclusions to the avast! Web Shield: swscan.apple.com(HTTPS)
swdist.apple.com(HTTPS)

Then you will get an Error Message stating that

An error has occurred.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain    error -1012.)

This has been happening ever since avast! antivirus for Mac was released.

These exceptions should be included as part of the default configuration when avast! is installed.

It is very important that Security and Software updates are received as soon as possible by all Mac user

It is a very simple change to the default configuration of the installed avast! Mac antivirus.

This has been going for far too long now.

If the publishers of avast! Mac antivirus want their product to be well respected, then issues such as this should not be allowed to continue for extended periods of time.

I am very disappointed in the technical support given to the avast! Mac antivirus as I previously had an issue with avast! Scanning my Time Machine back ups despite having excluded them. This issue was finally resolved after a very long 12
month wait.

If avast! continues to drag their heels and make us users wait very long periods of time for these types of issues to be fixed.
Then unfortunately I will simply have to uninstall avast! and use an alternative free Mac Antivirus such as Sophos.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:58:50 PM by jputting »