Author Topic: Scan Report  (Read 4462 times)

REDACTED

Scan Report
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:44:18 AM »
Recently I downloaded Avast free for my MBPro 15. Yesterday when I ran the Full System Scan it reported 37 Infections and it was unable to scan 1271 files. I am completely new to Avast and would any one please explain to me what Scan Report means and how do I delete the infected files? Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Scan Report
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »
avast can't scan files that are password protected, it doesn't know the password, or files that are being blocked by Windows.
You shouldn't worry about them. Password protected files are inert by their nature and files blocked can, if you're really worried, you can set avast! boot time scanning.

Clean, Quarantine, or Delete?
http://antivirus.about.com/b/2007/03/11/clean-quarantine-or-delete.htm
The best things in life are free.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »
avast can't scan files that are password protected, it doesn't know the password, or files that are being blocked by Windows.
You shouldn't worry about them. Password protected files are inert by their nature and files blocked can, if you're really worried, you can set avast! boot time scanning.

Clean, Quarantine, or Delete?
http://antivirus.about.com/b/2007/03/11/clean-quarantine-or-delete.htm

@Tech
This is the avast! for Mac forum, the reference to files blocked by Windows and boot time scanning are moot here.

@liberbliss
Unable to scan on avast! for Mac can mean encrypted/password protected files, or files that are compressed using a methods not supported by avast! for Mac.

On the report page of the scan you have the ability to choose what to do with the infected files.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »
@Tech
This is the avast! for Mac forum, the reference to files blocked by Windows and boot time scanning are moot here.
Oopps... My fault, sorry.
The best things in life are free.