Author Topic: 12 months or is it really 11 months?  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Jim_UK

12 months or is it really 11 months?
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:00:47 PM »
I have the Avast Security Suite and as per last year with one month left to go I start getting the pop up advising me to renew my subscription now.
This I did last year only to find that what I got was a 12 month subscription from the date that I paid and not from the date that my existing subscription expired.
Hence the title "12 months or 11 months".
Is this normal behaviour?
Has anyone else experienced this?
I am going to wait until the day it expires unless assured that it must have been some sort of glitch.

Jim
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: 12 months or is it really 11 months?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »
Avast license periods commence from purchase, not from installation point in time.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »
However, if you renew from the GUI it should take into account the days remaining and add them on.  Leastways it always has for me 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 04:01:15 PM »
However, if you renew from the GUI it should take into account the days remaining and add them on.  Leastways it always has for me 

And if that doesn't happen you can contact sales via the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles for:  Sales inquiries. You can give the renewal date, original expiry date, your email address used in the renewal, receipt number, etc. and they should be able to correct it for you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Jim_UK

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. Well it did not add the 12 months to the expiry date last time so it must have been some sort of glitch.
I am away in my caravan at the moment using a 3 dongle but when I get home I will go through the renewal process.
Thanks once again for the swift response.

Jim
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jim_UK

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
I am going to explode with rage!
Yet again I have renewed my subscription and once again it has not added it on to the 13 days that I have left. Even the email that is semnt says that the subscription is valid from the day of purchase and not the day of insertion!!!
I have followed the instructions in the post above and it will not let me log in to submit a ticket despite my using the log in info sent in the email I just received with the licence file.
For years I used the free Avast and that is what I shall go back to after this 12 month subscription runs out.
Image attached to show this years mess up.

Jim

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
I have followed the instructions in the post above and it will not let me log in to submit a ticket despite my using the log in info sent in the email I just received with the licence file.
No need to log in, you can submit a ticket here: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline jarda_v

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 04:39:16 PM »
Jim, I am sorry to read about the problems with license renewal you have. Adding the days left on your renewed license to the new one usually works seamlessly. Apparently there was a technical glitch in the process in your case. We have launched an investigation to identify and fix the problem.

I will extend your license by the missing 13 days shortly. No need to do anything on your end - your avast! will download the updated license automatically within few hours.

Thanks for informing us about the problem.

Offline Jim_UK

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »
Many thanks for the swift response. As you will have seen this is two consecutive years that it has happened. I rule out my laptop as being the cause as the previous time was with my old laptop.

Thanks again.
Jim

Offline jarda_v

• Avast team
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »
Unfortunately this is definitely not your laptop but a temporal problem in our order processing service. Our tech team is working to fix it asap.  I don't know what caused it a year ago but we'll be happy to add the missing month from the previous license to your current one. Thanks again for notifying us and sorry for your trouble.

Jarda

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »
Jim, out of curiosity what is it you feel you get with the paid version that the free version would not give you?  I'm not being critical; it's a purely academic question.

-Noel

Offline Jim_UK

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »
It is honestly just that I feel the need to contribute towards something that I rely on to keep my computer safe.

Jim

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 05:49:10 PM »
Thank you for being candid.  That's the best possible reason you could list.

-Noel

Offline Jim_UK

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 07:21:56 PM »
Many thanks - the subscription renewal date is now showing correct.

Jim