Author Topic: How do I turn off Siteadvisor warnings? Avast lite?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline MrToad

How do I turn off Siteadvisor warnings? Avast lite?
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
Avast has started kicking up warnings about their competitor siteadvisor...which I'm having no problem with. I'm sure others may be having problems...but I'd just as soon not be nagged by the warnings...other than switching from avast to security essentials which I recently did on a laptop that has problems that started with an avast upgrade is there a way to disable the warnings?
On a broader note, avast seems to be branching out into a lot of areas...getting bigger...perhaps it might be worthwhile to offer avast light for those of us that just want solid malware protection without the bloat and bells and whistles...before folks that want just basic protection migrate to non-obtrusive, simpler options...like security essentials.

Offline MrToad

Re: How do I turn off Siteadvisor warnings? Avast lite?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:31:05 PM »
Found a solution to both issues in a reply to another post...the procedure in the link below shows how to remove avast components that are deemed not necessary or useful....I followed the procedure and have had no problems since restart...of course 20" experience is not much history, but if problems crop up I'll post it here.
avast! 2014: Changing, adding, or removing individual program components and features in setup configuration of avast! Antivirus:
http://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB96#artTitle
YMMV,
MrToad

Offline MrToad

Re: How do I turn off Siteadvisor warnings? Avast lite?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:51 AM »
10 days since I downsized...no problems seen...downsized another PC today
MrToad