Author Topic: How do I remove Cidox-A rootkit  (Read 16702 times)

REDACTED

Re: How do I remove Cidox-A rootkit
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 10:40:54 PM »
So this infection is probably real? There is nothing that can remove it? Is it safe for my step dad to use the internet for email and paying bills online? Do you have any other input I should consider? Thanks Eagle for all the work and help you have given... I really appreciate it

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »
The aswmbr scan saw it too.
aswMBR is a avast rootkit tool    ;)

this is what you read at top of aswMBR log
aswMBR version 1.0.1.2041 Copyright(c) 2014 AVAST Software

So this infection is probably real?
why ?

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »
I am having Avast run a boot time scan right now... I see it has already the threat of concern.. it says.. "C:\cmdcons\bootsect.dat is infected by Boot:Cidox-A [Rtk]" I will post the aswBoot.txt log in next reply after the scan is finished and the system boots up

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:41 AM »
Here is the Avast boot scan log... I had Avast attempt to delete the Cidox-A rootkit.. but the file system shield just popped up as I am typing saying it blocked a threat.. Cidox of course... have any more input or suggestions?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 01:29:48 AM »
Report it to avast lab as possible False Positive. Add a link to this topic in case they reply here

You can upload files and report issues to avast  here : http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php  (select subject according to Your case)