Author Topic: I won't use Grime Fighter Again  (Read 4111 times)

REDACTED

I won't use Grime Fighter Again
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:30:38 PM »
It makes changes to your system, does not tell you what it is doing, or what it did and there is no way I can find to undo anything it did.. I never, ever gave Avast permission to do ANYTHING to my machine without telling me, and in the case of removing things, I want to be ASKED first.
It does not matter that I am part of the Admins group for a rather large company, it should not be doing that to ANYONE's machine without asking. 

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: I won't use Grime Fighter Again
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:44:14 AM »
Understandable
One would hope, after a person reads as much info as they can about a product and what it does as well as consult system requirements for the program, that the app would do what it claims to do without issues.

I believe if the program is run again, there is an option to "undo" any changes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:46:01 AM by schmidthouse »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: I won't use Grime Fighter Again
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
Hi, at the end of a GrimeFighter scan there is a console which shows all the changes that GrimeFighter proposes.  We don't do anything until the user selects clean my system option.

Also, the next time a user boots to GrimeFighter there is an option to revert everything back to the previous state

REDACTED

Grime Fighter Again
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
I sent a post about grime fighter in the early hours, but I cannot see it, perhaps it's being checked.
In my previous post I stated that I would get back to you about Grime, well the support phone call told me to go to support
in Avast which I did.
All I want is my money returned because when the product boots into my system it cannot do anything it says my drives are encrypted.
It's funny I can login the forums here and in Advast but support it says wrong password. Anybody got there money back, I cant login to check ticket status, because it will not allow me to.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Grime Fighter Again
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »
I sent a post about grime fighter in the early hours, but I cannot see it...
See: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=153220.msg1114314#msg1114314
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0