Author Topic: Web Shield Does Not Properly Detect Network  (Read 2246 times)

REDACTED

Web Shield Does Not Properly Detect Network
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
We are using the latest version of Avast for Education. With Web Shield enabled on client computers it places a yellow triangle shield on the internet tray icon. The computer can access the internet with no errors. there are allot of people saying it is a gui error which is not true. When I try to add a network location in My computer it asks to connect to the internet.
  When I disable Web Shield and create a Network Location in My Computer it works with no errors. Web Shield is blocking the proper detection of the network. What has to be excluded in Web Shield to prevent this from happening.

Offline /# Thomas #/

Re: Web Shield Does Not Properly Detect Network
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
I experienced what you described commonly before we even used Avast, but only at start-up. Windows 7 in particular seems to like to have the yellow ! over the network activity a lot when it makes no sense.

Does it only happen when you first log in, or does it stay on the entire time you have Web Shield on? Seems to me more logical that Network Shield or Firewall would directly affect your Network Connection status alert, rather than Web Shield. Perhaps I do not know enough how Web Shield works.

/* Thomas */