Author Topic: Bug Avast 4.8 update for Windows XP  (Read 2323 times)

REDACTED

Bug Avast 4.8 update for Windows XP
« on: July 02, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »
Hello,
The program Avast version 4.8.1229 worked correctly until 2012-2013. Later, when it became an upgrade of virus databases, did windows xp to malfunction.
I say this because I installed again the Avast 4.8.1229 and it worked fine. Also I installed the old database also worked. I just installed the new database after 2013 windows xp again in malfunction.

Thanks you

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Bug Avast 4.8 update for Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:18:43 AM »
Hello,

Avast 4.x is considered End of Life, as such there are no further program updates forthcoming. In addition Definition updates were scheduled to end as of Jan 1st 2013 but have continued as other avast products used this engine (Avast for Linux).

You need to migrate to Avast v9 (2014)to continue to receive updates to the engine/definition database.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
Thank you for the immediacy.
Look I wasn't clear, I'm not talking about the upgrade program Avast 4.8 ala'm talking about the upgrade of the database where information the database a little bit of the year 2017. The problem that I describe focus on the upgrade of the database after the year 2012-2013 where windows XP malfunction reason to upgrade databases .

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »
As mentioned Database/ Definitions should be end of life for 4.8 plus 4.8 doesn't offer the protection required for this day and age.

If you have a version licensed until 2017 then that is an illegal cracked license.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
I am speaking for licensed always, without illegal actions, possible you have not purchased version 4.8.1229 Pro for this you have the impression of the illegal program. Information software Avast 4.8.1229 that I possess has support upgrade databases until the year 2017.
Hi to not to become annoying with the repetitions me, if you copy commissioner can check the above defect that caused the upgrades databases after the year 2012 about to stop this excessive delay in the operation of Windows XP. As I explained above, I have done the experiment facilities along with an upgrade before the year 2012 and the Windows XP worked flawlessly and quickly, I just installed the upgrade data which was after the year 2012-2013 Windows XP malfunction and you notice a long delay until today.

Thanks again.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 02:17:34 PM »
Your not making much sense I'm afraid ??? There is no licensed always version of avast, are you using Free or Pro?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »
I am speaking for licensed always, without illegal actions, possible you have not purchased version 4.8.1229 Pro for this you have the impression of the illegal program. Information software Avast 4.8.1229 that I possess has support upgrade databases until the year 2017.
Hi to not to become annoying with the repetitions me, if you copy commissioner can check the above defect that caused the upgrades databases after the year 2012 about to stop this excessive delay in the operation of Windows XP. As I explained above, I have done the experiment facilities along with an upgrade before the year 2012 and the Windows XP worked flawlessly and quickly, I just installed the upgrade data which was after the year 2012-2013 Windows XP malfunction and you notice a long delay until today.

Thanks again.

I am finding it difficult to understand your post  :'(  Unfortunately, version 4.8 licenses ended some time ago, to the point where even if you had purchased a 3 year license it would be expiring now. Some exceptions were given by resellers for Corporate clients but those are expiring as well. Witht he release of the new Avast for Linux no active product uses the old engine and I would expect the database updates will stop by the end of the year.

Windows XP is still supported by the current version of Avast Pro, and I encourage you to upgrade to take advantage of all that has changed since 4.8.

I know how hard it is to move on, v4.x was a great release, but at this point there has not been an engine update for that platform in several years and it is time to move on.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 12:04:46 AM »

To say so would be. Your pleasant for immediacy. Will make ultimately to upgrade the software, and I'm going to check the behavior of Windows XP with the new version of Avast