Author Topic: **FIXED** Anti-Theft won't completely uninstall to install rooted version  (Read 2598 times)

REDACTED

So I installed Avast Anti-theft (non-root version) by mistake and only got as far as setting up the pin before I realized I actually needed the rooted version for my rooted Droid Maxx.  I went back to the Play Store and uninstalled the app, then I tried installing Avast Anti-theft (rooted version).  The version for rooted phones installed from the Play Store, but when I open the rooted version from the Play Store and I am at the setup screen it tells me:  "The following problems need to be solved before avast! Anti-Theft can be installed." "Installation problem: This device is already protected.  Uninstall avast! Anti-Theft before installing this version"

When I had initially started to set up the non-root version, I had changed the name of the app to 'avast! Anti-Virus.'  I went into my app manager and found the app name that I had changed it to (avast! Anti-Virus) and it does not give me option to uninstall, only DISABLE....so I 'Force Stopped' it and then disabled it.

I still am unable to install rooted version of this program, it keeps telling me I need to uninstall the other version in order to proceed.  Clearly, I need a more thorough, manual way to uninstall this program.

YES MY PHONE IS ACTUALLY ROOTED

I am running CM11 with TWRP on a Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx (xt1080m)

Thanks in advance for the help.

**FIX**
I re-enabled 'avast! Anti-Virus' (the name that I changed app to via setup the first time), rebooted and then used Titanium Backup to uninstall the app.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:54:22 PM by foonzy007 »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

check if the old version is an active Device Administrator. If so, disable it and then try to uninstall.

Filip

REDACTED

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to solve it and updated the OP.