Author Topic: Intialization Error: Configuration download failure  (Read 5267 times)

REDACTED

Intialization Error: Configuration download failure
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »
Hi!  I am using a Samsung Note 3 and have used Secureline for several months without issue.  A couple of days ago, I started getting the following message:

Initialization error

Initialization failure.  Please try again in a few minutes.

Reason:  Configuration download failure.

When I click on ok, it returns me to the screen with the on/off switch with the switch in the off position and a message to try again.  I try again and get the same results.

I can return to my main screen but I do not have secureline protection which is why I purchased a subscription which doesn't expire until 2015.

I am tempted to remove the program and reinstall it but I assume I will have to pay again for a new subscription which I will not do.

I have searched the site but could not find any reference to this.  If there is a thread, would someone please direct me to it and my apologies.

If there is no thread, does anyone have any idea how to correct this error?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Intialization Error: Configuration download failure
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
[quote author=5851512 link=topic=151648.msg1101438#msg1101438 date=14

I am tempted to remove the program and reinstall it but I assume I will have to pay again for a new subscription which I will not do.

[/quote]

No you won't have to pay again
Uninstall and reinstall does not effect your subscription/License. Just apply license again.