Author Topic: Starts without my doing  (Read 2392 times)

REDACTED

Starts without my doing
« on: May 30, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »
Hi.

GrimeFighter just started for the third time in a row without my doing. I was chatting away on Skype the first time, playing a game the second time (broke off GrimeFighter on that occasion) and in the settings for GrimeFighter itself (it had informed me that my PC was free of trash) the third time. I did not ask for this and the GrimeFighter cycle is set to monthly... which will be in roughly a week.
At no point did I get notice that GrimeFighter was about to start.

I am using Windows 7 and have used GrimeFighter two times before, provoking a white screen that lasted for days before I forced the PC off the power the first time and having GrimeFighter work without a hitch the second time.

So yeah, what on Earth is going on?!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:06:20 PM by odd_ood »

REDACTED

Re: Starts without my doing
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:17:19 AM »
Same happens to me, but the program is restarted at every moment, without stopping and almost can not  use the PC because all the work I'm doing disappear. What is the solution that gives us Avast. I already do not want that program has brought me more problems than solutions, and I bought it for two years.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:21:50 PM »
I threw it of my PC for the time being, but that cannot be in anybody's interest. So yeah, any ideas, solutions or at least reactions anyone?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:25:07 PM »
It seems to me GrimeFighter is set to run at certain days/times or on a certain event.
Check all settings in avast as well as scheduled tasks in Windows.