Author Topic: removed my google chrome -  (Read 5660 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: removed my google chrome -
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »
OK next we will empty the temp folders and then if you run a disc defrag that should speed you up a bit

[color="#990033"]Clear Cache/Temp Files[/color]
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.  Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »
thank you i haven't run a defrag for ages so I'll let it run overnight. So assuming I'm then up to speed... no need to run another full scan with avast? ok to continue to use avast? no nasty bits still on my PC?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 11:11:41 PM »
Nope. looks nice and clean

Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Download and run Delfix

: Keep Java Updated :

WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java
See this article and this article.
I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software.
In that instance I would recommend that you disable Java in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it. (See How to diasble Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser)

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide  Best security practices Keep safe  :wave:

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »
You're an angel  :-*

Thank you so much for your help, i'll run those last bits after defrag tomorrow and I'll update how things are running. Sue's world has had peace restored. xx

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »
No problem, this was a nice easy one :)

Keep safe, but any further problems then just shout

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »
Just a bit of an update. System no longer slow, had some minor problems with google, bookmarks cleared on another PC users profile, and a pop up about preferences not being kept, but all in all feeling safer. Thanks again for your time and help.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »
Glad to be of assistance :)