Author Topic: Problem With PUP detection  (Read 3282 times)

REDACTED

Problem With PUP detection
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:11:07 AM »
I am using Avast Internet security in my Windows 8.1 . Avast is detecting almost every autorun virus in real time and running smoothly on these days. But while installing free softwares like km player some PUP s are also installing along with it. but avast is not detecting it in real time and on demand scan. I also uses malwarebytes free version and scanned recently, and found that there are some PUPs named as PUP optional. I have checked the option to detect PUPs in the avast settings.
I don't want to install any of these PUPs on my system. Is there anything else to do with the settings for more detection.
Widows 8.1 x 64
Avast Internet Security
4GB RAM
1GB Graphics are the system specification.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Problem With PUP detection
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 12:39:09 PM »
Set PUP to on in Webshield and Fileshield

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »
you may also want to add Unchecky   http://unchecky.com/   it may save you from some unwanted installs

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 06:08:31 AM »
Set PUP to on in Webshield and Fileshield
Thank you for your reply.
I already done it after avast installed on my PC since I am using avast free over one year. But still it is not detecting any PUPs that I mentioned in the above post.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:37:07 AM »
use Malwarebytes as extra scanner.....

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Also use SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition. It's works nicely with Avast and Malwarebytes antimalware
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
use Malwarebytes as extra scanner.....
The screenshot I provided will tell you that I am using malwarebyte free edition, that is why I know my system is having these kind of PUPs. Since the duty of avast antivirus is to protect us in real time, using an extra security software has no sense, and I am using Avast IS.