Author Topic: Right Click on Systray Icon no loger functions  (Read 1093 times)

REDACTED

Right Click on Systray Icon no loger functions
« on: July 05, 2014, 11:18:55 PM »
I am using AIS and this used to work. I did a repair with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

REDACTED

Re: Right Click on Systray Icon no loger functions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Somehow my Firewall got turned off, I did not do it. I had to add Browser protection to turn it back on. This is not good.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Right Click on Systray Icon no loger functions
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:30:54 AM »
I'm not sure if right click is the correct function as many of the options have multiple - so it is a case of right clicking the tray icon to bring the context menu up and that is working for me.

After that it is a case of hovering the mouse pointer over the option and the next sub-menu expands, hover the mouse over what you want and left click (image1).
Or are you saying right clicking on the tray icon doesn't bring up the sub-menu ?

I have several other tray icons that work in this way (SnagIt for one, image 2), right click on the icon to bring up the options, highlight the option and left click.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security