Author Topic: Hardened mode  (Read 2179 times)

Offline jonathanwilliams

Hardened mode
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »
I just had a warning that avast blocked a program from starting and I accidentally clicked on 'allow' program to run. I have Hardened mode ticked in the AnitVirus section. How do I change the setting for the program/app (I don't remember the name of it) ? :(

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Hardened mode
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
I have "hardened mode" set to aggressive.
To make an exclusion...GUI>Settings>Antivirus>scroll down to "exclusions">make the exclusion.
Make an exclusion only if you know the file/software is safe.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline jonathanwilliams

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
Thanks, but the problem I have is that I've accidentally allowed the program to be run on my PC and I want to block the program. Anyone help please ??

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:33:43 AM »
Try C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report also \logs to find the program you allowed.

You need to have "Show hiddenfiles and folders" activated in Folder Options to be able to see these avast! folders.

Sorry Rereading your OT I see that you need to look for that program where Para-Noid indicated above in Hardened Mode and delete it from the list. Now you say you do not remember the name. Why... Do you have too many programs excluded in hardened mode ?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:45:08 AM by iroc9555 »

Offline jonathanwilliams

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 01:06:24 AM »
Thanks Itoc9555.
An avast Hardenedmode popup appeared asking if I wanted to allow a program to run or not, and I accidentally allowed it. There was no program name.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 01:21:21 AM »
May be you missed it, but the name is there in the alert. One way to see the alert again is to right click avast! icon in the task bar and choose " Show last popup message ". This only works if no other popup message has come up after the fact or if you have not rebooted the system yet.

The last program you allowed would be last in the list in EXCLUSIONS > Hardened mode. You should high light it and delete it.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:33:37 AM by iroc9555 »

Offline jonathanwilliams

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 11:47:05 AM »
many thanks iroc.   :D