Author Topic: vps file conflicts with xp firewall...SOLVED  (Read 2433 times)

athome

vps file conflicts with xp firewall...SOLVED
« on: July 22, 2005, 04:30:20 PM »
Hello to you all,
First time here in the forums. I've been using Avast home edition now for almost one year and have been always happy with it's perfofmance. Never a problem until today.
I turned on my laptop and the XP firewall shield popped up coloured red. This is what it says (spanish pc so I have to translate badly)
avast antivirus 4.6.691 [VPS 0529-2] is not able to update. Click here for recommendations
These recommenndations of course allow you to make the XP firewall think everything is okay.
But
when the laptop is online it even throws up an error message saying that
Old VPS file 0529-2

What's happening and how do I reslove the problem? I have tried a manual update with no success, I pressed update in the avast menu with no success and I even reinstalled the program again with no resolution of this problem.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 04:45:00 PM by athome »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: vps file conflicts with xp firewall
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 04:37:54 PM »
avast! says that the VPS is too old?
0529-2 is the latest one... are you sure your system time/date is set correctly?

athome

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 04:41:26 PM »
 :o Damn, someone had changed my calendar date!!!!! I've set it back now my licence key has been temporarily disabled. I have to reset it so give me a few minutes to find it and I'll see if the problem is fixed.
Thanks for the really fast reply ;)

athome

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 04:44:43 PM »
Happy days! Back up and running. I'll remember that the next time. Thanks again for the help igor the solution was exactly as you said.