Author Topic: Port blocking issue  (Read 2053 times)

REDACTED

Port blocking issue
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »
Ok so I am hosting a Minecraft server that uses TCP and UDP access across port 25565. This is a java application.
More detail: it is hosted on Ubuntu (Linux) on a virtual machine running on my Windows 8.1 with a bridged networking adapter.

I know for a fact that it is my Avast firewall, because when I turn off the firewall (nothing else) the port is open and everything works correctly.
When the firewall is on, it is blocked.

Also it is partially getting through because my server console shows that someone is attempting to connect to my server, but it is not successful.
I did not have this problem in the past because I only recently upgraded to Avast Internet Security. Love the application and glad I did it, but this little hitch is a bit annoying for me. At the moment I either don't have a server or don't have the firewall feature I am paying for...

REDACTED

Re: Port blocking issue
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:15:26 AM »
Ok, never mind on this...the rules I added worked fine but the port did not read as open until I actually started the server again. My fault...one of the numerous things I tried worked...I have no idea which one...probably should've documented my troubleshooting but it's a little late now. Sorry if anyone else is having this problem and this doesn't help you....

A moderator or administrator can close or delete this thread. Whichever you see fit to do.