Author Topic: How in the heck to remove SafePrice?  (Read 21420 times)

Offline specimen9999

Re: How in the heck to remove SafePrice?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 04:06:31 AM »
But I LIKE page rankings. Why do I have to give up that feature in order to get rid of SafePrice??? (I'm a paid Avast subscriber, btw. I should be able to keep active the parts of the program I like.)[/size][/size]

AFAIK, the less known fact about the avast! extension and the page rankings is that it's actually tracking your browsing habits (albeit maybe the collection of information is anonymous, I believe it collects anonymous statistics). But I'm really the wrong person to answer about SafePrice as I've actually never seen it (I removed the extensions before using the browser), I guess I'm too concerned about my privacy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:44:23 PM by specimen9999 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »
But I'm really the wrong person to answer about SafePrice as I've actually never seen it
some info here  http://blog.avast.com/2014/03/27/how-does-avast-safeprice-work/

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »
But I'm really the wrong person to answer about SafePrice as I've actually never seen it
some info here  http://blog.avast.com/2014/03/27/how-does-avast-safeprice-work/

Thank you Pondus, I believe Eddy had already posted that link.

From the blog post:
In the browser plugin’s settings there is a menu where you can remove the check-mark next to SafePrice, permanently deactivating it.

However some users (2) saying in this thread is that they don't have or are not finding that option while others seem to have find it and deactivated SafePrice while still running the ranking system.

I should mention again, to anyone reading this, that uninstalling the whole extension does not hinder avast! for Mac ability to scan web traffic for malware or any other function of the scanning engine.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:16:27 PM by specimen9999 »