Author Topic: Anti Theft on Android keeps tracking continuously  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Christophorus

Anti Theft on Android keeps tracking continuously
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »
Hi there,

I have Avast! Anti Theft installed on my HTC One M8. All of it works great, but I can't seem to change the tracking intervals. It tracks every minute (or less) which is draining my battery. I tried to change the settings from the phone, which doesn't seem to help. I also tried from the website interface, but whenever I select something like "Track location every 30 minutes", it still shows "Track location every minute" as if I selected that instead. How do I change this for real? I don't want this battery draining so if I can't resolve this, I'll have to delete the app. However, could it be that it only tracks continuously when I'm in the location part (still is a little confusing in that case...)? Please help. (In case this was already posted or answered, I'm sorry but the search options on this forum aren't exactly usefull..)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:18:05 PM by Christophorus »

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 19.5.2378.B#4 - CC 5.57 - MCS - EEK - FF ESR 60.6.3 [NS/AOS/uBO] - TB 60.6.1 [EM] - ACP/ASB/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Christophorus

Re: Anti Theft on Android keeps tracking continuously
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:43 PM »
My own conclusion turns out to be the answer. That link only shows the entire anti-theft section, I found that already. Like I said, search is rather useless with this forum. If you're not going to help me, then just don't respond.. Well, it's fixed now, so I won't visit this forum again.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Anti Theft on Android keeps tracking continuously
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »
Guess what...
You have a problem with/question about anti-theft.
You posted in the wrong section.
And you find it strange that someone points you to the correct section where you can get help?

Search is only useless if you do not know how to search.