Author Topic: Avast Pro Seems to Be Blocking Printing in Windows IE  (Read 1818 times)

REDACTED

Avast Pro Seems to Be Blocking Printing in Windows IE
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:31 AM »
Hi, Had avast for years.  Just the other day I updated and rebooted.  May not be related but now when in my email account - yahoo mail (att.net) provided by Uverse when I go to print an email message that is up on the screen (Sequence is click on "More" then "Print") instead of getting my normal default printer box with the option for number of copies, which pages etc. instead the screen goes white for a second and an error code pops up saying Print Error.  I loaded google chrome and then email account and this time instead of a complete failure the error code said "cannot print" - pop up blocker may be preventing printing.  Could this be an issue from the Avast update?
Thanks,
Tom B.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast Pro Seems to Be Blocking Printing in Windows IE
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:09:31 AM »
To test if it is avast!

Temporarily disable avast! for a few mins from the tray icon > avast! shields control > disable for 10 mins and then print

If the issue is solved then it is most likely avast!.

If not, I doubt it's related to avast!.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
Will try and report back.
teb

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
Yah, disabled avast and still problem printing email in IE.  Get print error code in Chrome but clicking on "Try Printing Again" button gets to a printer screen and I can then print.  Odd, no?
Thanks for trouble shooting tip.
Tom B.