Author Topic: forced dropbox  (Read 5932 times)

REDACTED

Re: forced dropbox
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »
borderline trolling.
That seems a bit extreme.  Look up in the thread a bit...  I agreed with you and suggested making a factual, rational complaint.  It's the best you can do.

Please try to keep in mind that we fellow users can only help you deal with the way things actually are vs. telling you that it's going to be all better soon.  We don't work for the company that makes this software!

Dealing with the way things are just takes a willingness to read things carefully and understand the questions before answering.  That's good advice for things well beyond antivirus software, too.  It's no one's responsibility but yours to protect you from the bad things in the world.

-Noel

Offline Skakara

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »
borderline trolling.
That seems a bit extreme.  Look up in the thread a bit..
Well, the 2 last posts (yours and Eddy's) which my "Off-topic and borderline trolling" (PLEASE, don't misrepresent what I have actually written!) was directed at, wasn't actually ON-topic. An analogue came to my mind but since I really think that analogues are rarely ever good, I'll leave it.

I agreed with you and suggested making a factual, rational complaint.
And yet again, you fail to understand that the OP's complaint was rational. The UX of OP was that he/she felt that avast was forcing dropbox to the computer.

Dealing with the way things are just takes a willingness to read things carefully and understand the questions before answering.  That's good advice for things well beyond antivirus software, too.  It's no one's responsibility but yours to protect you from the bad things in the world.
Have you seen me disagree? But how is this actually directly related to the fact that avast purposely runs this highly morally dubious "opt-OUT game" trickery game and users would like it to stop?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 08:14:14 PM »
We're just going around in circles.  To me it seems like I answer you then you feel it's off topic.  I've said enough already on the subject.

-Noel

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »
I don't know about updating avast and getting Dropbox but I will tell you when I used the stub installer to download avast I got Dropbox. No opt-in or opt-out. During the install avast proceeded to download and install Dropbox without any input on my part. This was awhile ago so I don't know if avast changed it's policy but it was something I did not want or need.

This is almost as bad as having a signed dll from Open Candy on Software Updater which thankfully avast did away with.