Author Topic: payments refused  (Read 7747 times)

REDACTED

payments refused
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »
Hello,
So I have tried the secure line and like it and wanted to continue with a monthly payment plan. However, I tried with a credit card which is a pre-paid credit card but have used this with no problems. Was told authorization failed, I then tried paypal, was told authorization failed. Not understanding this. But, the only thing is that I can guess is because the Avast does not accept Canadian funds? I want to subscribe but am finding no options. Thanks,
rosesformom

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: payments refused
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »
Not sure if it will help, but try to pay in USD not in CAD.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »
Also, Try a regular Credit Card (Not Pre Paid).
I had similar experiences in the past with Re-Loadable Visa and PayPal.
Used a Regular Card and no problem. Then had to go through hoops to Cancel "Auto Renewal"

I not sure the process completes if Auto Renewal can't be invoked. Obviously, with Prepaid and Reloads, there is no guaranteed credit available (that the funds are in place) so would not be
subjugated to auto renewal, hence would not be "Authorized"

In other words, if there is a No Opt Out "Auto-Renewal" in place as part of the purchase process, the system can recognize which Payment option can secure (guarantee) an Auto Renewal  commitment and which payment option can not.
If auto renewal can't be guaranteed, the process does not succeed. Is not Authorized.
Or Not ;) ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »
thanks for your replies, makes sense.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 04:01:23 AM »
... Was told authorization failed, I then tried paypal, was told authorization failed. Not understanding this.

I was having the same "authorization failed" problem and here is what worked for me. (Geez, what a f%$#&% tortuous path). In summary, you make the payment at www.avast.com and then you install from the Google Play Store.

From my Windows PC I went to the avast.com and select Store>Shop Now ....  scroll down to the Mobile section then select: >avast! SECURELINE>Android/Buy Now  ... (Only the 1 year subscription is offered, not the monthly plan)... Upon making payment (I used PayPal) select Download and it will direct you to the Google Play store... Meanwhile you get email notifications with the License Key... When you invoke the VPN ignore the "failed to initialize" message... At the top-right of the screen click on Subscribe (shopping cart icon), then select Have License... On the next screen go to the top-right corner and select "Use voucher"... where you then enter your License Key and that's it.

The good news is that the fine-print states the VPN will work on other Android devices with the same email address. On my second device I uninstalled-&-reinstalled the VPN and it got activated without further hassle.