Author Topic: avast vpn free  (Read 7670 times)

REDACTED

avast vpn free
« on: July 15, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
Hi,

why avast vpn service is not free , example for free users every month 500 mb, is it possible?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: avast vpn free
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »
Well, they can't give away everything for free. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 02:44:48 PM »
In fact we are piloting exactly such a thing now in a few countries in Europe.  We want to offer our customers the same freemium model as we have for our antivirus product.

We haven't decided if this is going to be a permanent offer or if we just enable it from time to time -- part of the goal of the pilot is to see what our costs will be and also the demand so we can adequately scale our server infrastructure so that QoS is not affected

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:48:02 PM »
In fact we are piloting exactly such a thing now in a few countries in Europe.  We want to offer our customers the same freemium model as we have for our antivirus product.
Interesting, I stand corrected.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:51 AM »
Q1- Once upgrading to the paid version ($19.99/yr), how many Android devices will this support? (In another forum someone posted that it would support 5 devices, is this correct?

Q2- Being new to VPNs... If a country I visit does not have Avast servers, can I still login by using a server in another country?

Thanks!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:41 AM »
Q2- Being new to VPNs... If a country I visit does not have Avast servers, can I still login by using a server in another country?
Yes.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »
Hi Tomr27,

Regarding Q1:

Android: on any device with the same Google account (e.g. if you have a google account on an android phone and on android tablets, then you can use this one license on all 3 devices.)  I don't believe there is any limitation on this.  Certainly no limitation that would affect a most of us with a few Android devices.

Hope this helps.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
Asyn, Thanks for answering my second question.

Hi Tomr27, Regarding Q1:
Android: on any device with the same Google account (e.g. if you have a google account on an android phone and on android tablets, then you can use this one license on all 3 devices.)  I don't believe there is any limitation on this.  Certainly no limitation that would affect a most of us with a few Android devices. Hope this helps.

Davidek - Thanks, thus it seems that Avast VPN is a great value for $19.99/year for a few Android devices. As it may benefit others here are my first impressions. On my first device it readily installed, informed me of the 7-day trial period and worked fine. On my attempt with two other devices (same Google account) it installed (without mentioning the 7-day trial period) but failed to 'initialize'. Nonetheless one of these last devices (cell phone) received a text message inquiring if I wanted to login to an available open WiFi... When I double-checked the VPN installation still would not initialize but it did allow me to change settings to preclude text messages whenever an open WiFi is detected... My best guess is that during the 7-day period one can only test the VPN on one device, but that additional devices will be allowed once subscribing to the $19.99/year offering. I'll report back later...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:31 AM »
Asyn, Thanks for answering my second question.
You're welcome.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 05:26:12 AM »
Hi Tomr27, Regarding Q1:
Android: on any device with the same Google account (e.g. if you have a google account on an android phone and on android tablets, then you can use this one license on all 3 devices.)  I don't believe there is any limitation on this.  Certainly no limitation that would affect a most of us with a few Android devices. Hope this helps.

Davidek - Thanks.... I'll report back later...

Success! Thanks Davidek, indeed I now have our two (Android) tablets and one phone on the same $19.99/yr VPN subscription under my Gmail account. During the registration process the fine-print stated that devices with the same email account would be covered under the same subscription, without indicating limit on the number of devices.