Author Topic: "Results of last scan"  (Read 3130 times)

REDACTED

"Results of last scan"
« on: July 23, 2005, 01:30:02 PM »
I have just run a scan of my hard disk and, although Avast has not identified any threats it has produced a list of 207 items and asked what action I wish to take,  (delete, repair, move, chest, scan). I am not confident to take any action without knowing what these items are. They are all marked either "Unable to scan: ZIP archive is corrupted" or "Unable to scan: Archive is password protected. ((I have no password protection on my computer). Most of the files come from c:\Program Files, c:\Windows\All users and c:\..\Shortcut.

Can anyone help me by clarifying what these files are and what if anything I should do about them?

Thanks,    Bill.

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: "Results of last scan"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 01:52:36 PM »
Hello :)

You can find some more info here >>> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=15195.0
The topic is about the same theme
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 08:30:57 PM »
Hi Bill,

This might already have been covered in the thread _x_m_a_s_ referred you to (I was too lazy to go look).

But I'm more than a little surprised that avast is asking you to take any action on these.  Normally if it can't scan files because they're in use, encrypted, or whatever, it simply says so and that's all that happens.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 08:46:07 AM »
Thanks guys! Off to check out that link, but I think you are probably right Mike in saying it doesn't expect me to take any action; it is just letting me know it wasn't able to check those files. Like you say, in that case it is strange that the options box is even there.