Author Topic: Grime Fighter Freezes!  (Read 3808 times)

REDACTED

Grime Fighter Freezes!
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:35:56 AM »
I had purchaced Avast! internet security and also grime fighter.  I was getting redirect pop ups and the machine was running very slowly. It was frustrating just to sit in front of the computer to try to get anything done. After running grime fighter my computer was finally fixed! Redirect pop ups had stopped and it was running great. I proceeded to remove old programs that i dont use anymore useing the programs uninstall process. I know that sometimes there are "lost" or i think it was called "junk" pieces not removed by the uninstaller ( i know this because i read all of the witty captions next to the grimefighter team members profiles), so after removing all of the unused programs i ran grime fighter before i went to bed one day. I woke to it being frozen on the screen before im told what was found, and actions to be taken. I figured that it sitting for so long ( while sleeping) it got stuck from no responce. The only way to "free" the computer was to hold down the power button to shut it down. i ran the program again and hoved over it thruout the process and still it gets stuck at the same screen where the guy with the top hat exchanges notes with the tiny girl with the glasses. It is stuck there right now as i write this, i hit the windows buttton on the key board to give me a window that let me into the internet. I kinda hit all the buttons on the keyboard in total frusttration, there was only one that worked! After reading all of the post about grime fighter im hoping that i not going to be one of the people with a useless computer at the end of all of this. On boot the comper takes forever to completely load and it already starting to slow down again. After removing the old programs the computer ran just fine, it was the second comming of grime fighter that did damage i believe. Can anyone please tell me that there is a solution to this issue!?!? Of course my 30 days were up yesterday!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:42:08 AM by pete.bernad »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Grime Fighter Freezes!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible to send a screenshot of the screen that GrimeFighter is getting stuck on please?  Even taking a picture with your phone and emailing it to me directly would be great.

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:12:20 AM »
I am having the exact same problem.  My screen comes up black with a little blue square that says not supported.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:45:17 AM »
db, what OS are you using ?