Author Topic: Internet Security - Disapoints  (Read 1224 times)

REDACTED

Internet Security - Disapoints
« on: July 19, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »
Just bought and installed Avast Internet Security.  Was happy until Avast asked if I wanted to remove a Chrome plugin with a bad rep.  I wasn't using the plugin so I said yes. The program responded by telling me it would remove the plugin, and reset my homepage and default search engine.  Then gave me no options to modify this, so I canceled out.

Removing a bad plugin is a great feature. Resetting the homepage and search engine I chose, and that have nothing to do with the plugin, is a bad feature.  Pretty much makes the plugin screening useless.

Anyone know either 1) a work around, or 2) a way to disable this feature in Avast?

If the Avast Devs can fix it that would be even better.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Internet Security - Disapoints
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »
Hi JohnD89,

Welcome to the forums.

Easiest way is to use Browser Cleanup as a manual detector and then remove the offending plugin or extension manually (i.e., you remove it yourself).  That way no other changes are made to your settings.

Better now?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803