Author Topic: 2014.9.0.2021-Threat Detected but not really.....  (Read 9397 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: 2014.9.0.2021-Threat Detected but not really.....
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Calm down peoples, there is no need for this.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »
There are already at least 2 other threads on this topic.
One user has responded stating that Avast has acknowledged this as a bug and stating that it will be fixed asap.
Thanks Bob for letting the calm users know :)
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 05:33:37 AM »
As far as I know, no one has confirmed that the false "THREAT DETECTED!" indication is tied to the inappropriate pop-open of the Avast UI.  If I'm wrong here, please post a link, because I didn't see it.   All I heard about was that there has been an acknowledgement that the pop-open of the main UI is a bug (after it having initially been reported as a feature).

We also heard from someone at Avast that it was supposed to have been fixed by last week.  In case you haven't figured it out, that time came and went.

Might it be just barely possible that the Avast engineering folks haven't correlated these two things yet, and are having more trouble than originally thought getting it all fixed?  Perhaps it might be helpful to those who are working on the problem for users to put up more specific information on what's going wrong.

It seems to me that some of you here seem to want to comment subjectively on other people's posts than on the real issues.

-Noel