Author Topic: File name of Sites Blocked feature of Active Protection Feature?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline gearedsteam

I'm using Avast 2014.9.0.2021   FREE

I have added 30+ websites added to my Site Block feature under Active Protection.

I want to back up that file and copy it to a new install of AVAST FREE on another PC I have.

What is the file name and location of the file that contains these sites I'm blocking?

Thank you.

Dave

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: File name of Sites Blocked feature of Active Protection Feature?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 01:00:56 AM »
Whilst I don't use this function, there are better methods of doing this than the site blocking in the web shield. Given it is the web shield that does the checking and blocking, my guess is that it is likely to be in the WebShield.ini file.

You don't say what OS you are using as the locations differ, you can check these file locations:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\WebShield.ini for XP
C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\WebShield.ini in Vista, win7 and later, the ProgramData may be a hidden folder, so you would need to change the windows explorer settings.

EDIT: it is in the WebShield.ini file.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:05:16 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security