Author Topic: New members  (Read 3400 times)

thedon57

New members
« on: July 25, 2005, 03:50:03 PM »
Hi went on line today found 2 people that had been having trouble with their antiviruses they had installed, asked them if they had heard of avast, replied back they had but shops they had dealt with told them freeones where no good, sold them nortons.

I was able to let them know different, and they got back to me thanking me for letting them know, and avast found 28 viruses on one and 12 one the other ones computer.

So two more converts. I feel so proud.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: New members
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 03:54:46 PM »
Keep up the good work. If they feel the need for reassurance of a paid for product, they could have purchased the avast! Pro version ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

thedon57

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 03:56:36 PM »
Hi david i think they will once have got to like it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:05:47 PM »
Hi david i think they will once have got to like it.
If they register on forum, they'll have more chances to love it  8)
The best things in life are free.

Mick Sturbes

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 07:14:19 PM »
Keep up the good work. If they feel the need for reassurance of a paid for product, they could have purchased the avast! Pro version ;D

Which is EXACTLY what I am going to do (after 58 days  ;D) Purchased a new subscription with Norton Internet Security 18 months ago - registered a dedicated e-mail address (I always do now so I know where mails come/go to) and after 10 days my e-mail inbox was full of spam (from the Norton address) the response was 'tough we got yer money'  :o I put it down to life experience, refused to use Norton products EVER AGAIN after that reply and used Avast Home ever since. HOWEVER had a hiccup (long story - nothing to do with Avast) and bought a new version of McAfee Internet Security to help. Far too complicated, would not update properly, missed the 'voice' from Avast telling me 'my virus database had been updated' now getting a McAfee refund to spend with Avast.  :-* Keep up the great work guys - from an Old, New, Old member  ???

thedon57

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »
here here at least you know when avast has been updated 8) ;D ;D