Author Topic: AES Console View Command not working  (Read 2862 times)

REDACTED

AES Console View Command not working
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
When I use the VIEW command (on the View drop down of the tool bar), the links: $$status$$_mirror, $$log$$_server, $$log$$_rinst, $$log$$_setup, and $$log_mirror all result in a WEB Page Not Found message.  All of the log files exist and I can see them if I open them directly.  It appears that the links are broken.

We had both AES (Build2014 8.0.369) and EPS (8.0.1603) running on the server in question.  I deleted EPS because I noticed that these symbolic links were pointing to the wrong mirror file and I suspected that this was preventing the client from updating due to invalid VPS version dates.  When I deleted the EPS from the server, the clients started updating correctly but that seems to have created the above problem.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct the status and log links in AES?

We run April2014(Build 8.0.369).

REDACTED

Re: AES Console View Command not working
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
Make sure all AES services are running, also manually check the logs are exist on the defined path
default path
program files\avast software\enterprise administration\data

REDACTED

Re: AES Console View Command not working
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
Hello and thank you for the replay.  The logs are located in the correct data folder per your post, except for the mirror log and status files which are located in the Mirror sub folder.

The only service that is running is "Avast! Enterprise Administration Server".  I do not have Avast! Endpoint Protection running on this server at the moment, thus there are no other Avast! services running.

Do you know if these log file and status links are hard-coded at installation time or are they set in some configuration file or the Registry?