Author Topic: New action option for File System Shield and Web Shield  (Read 1322 times)

REDACTED

New action option for File System Shield and Web Shield
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:05:10 PM »
Hi,

I just ran into trouble with avast concerning File System Shield and Web Shield.

Latest avast virus defination flagged Adminrun.exe as contoining virus and
http://www.crw-daq.ru/download/bin/installadmilink.exe the installer download link for Admilink also as virus.
I have reported both virus alerts as false to avast.

I have configured both File System Shield and Web Shield actions to ask me for action.

It would be a nice addition/change into avast if the list of actions would contain a choice
for adding the file/web address to exclusion list.
I know it's a bit risky for having such an action option, but much more convenient and faster than
manually adding the file/web address to exception list.

rajamsa
FINLAND

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: New action option for File System Shield and Web Shield
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »
This has been mentioned many times over the years, but hasn't been implemented. Most likely because of the risk you mention. Avast have chosen to make exclusion to be a little more of a two step action.

The Web Shield is even more strict having only one available action, abort connection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security