Author Topic: How disable background scanning  (Read 14720 times)

REDACTED

Re: How disable background scanning
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 04:55:17 AM »
To repeat in laymen's terms what has already been said you shouldn't have two or more AV's on the same system, even if you think you have disabled them there will still be active low level drivers running which will at some point cause conflicts, if you are going to just ignore the smart advice that has been placed out for your learning benefit then you are on your own I'm afraid ::)
Really? Can you give any examples because I'm pretty sure I have the other AV programs disabled from causing conflicts. I usually scour all the options and advanced options disabling always on things and then on top of that ill check for new services and disable them and disable boot time items. I checked every running process and still don't see anything still running from other programs. (windows 7)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 05:12:23 AM »
Plenty of information out there if you care to search for why you shouldn't have multiple AV's on a system but I'm not going to waste further effort on someone that thinks they know better than developers and analysts ::)

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 06:42:22 AM »
know better than developers and analysts
They cater programs to the stupid masses, which I am not a part of, so yes, I do know better actually. RIP

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:18:06 AM by Pondus »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »
know better than developers and analysts
They cater programs to the stupid masses, which I am not a part of, so yes, I do know better actually. RIP
since you are so smart, why come here and ask us that aparently know nothing    ::)

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 07:55:49 AM »
from the first link, I have never nor would never open a Real Media video file like I mentioned before, and swf, asf, and mov files I never find myself ever having or opening. (unless I managed to download a flash video that isn't a player video then I may end up with a swf but that has literally happened maybe 2 times in my life lol and was not intended by the website providing it) and the only time I have ever used wma or wmv files is when I've created them in windows movie maker LOL. So like I said video files aren't a threat unless your using some weird, fringe, zero market share file type like real media or something.

And the other 3 links appear to be mentioning actually having other AV running in a substantial form. (like not turning off all the features and actually running them side by side which I don't ever do) I looked into the driver side of things and there were only 2 avira drivers but even if there were more drivers what would they even do? They have no running AV like avira for example to even communicate with and stuff. Doesn't seem like an issue. I even had an old intel HD drivers enabled too, but my HD works fine and uses windows drivers for HD management according to device manager. Seems like a non-issue.

Not sure why people keep mentioning that other AV can conflict when I at no point have I mentioned having any problems that even remotely resemble conflicting anti-viruses. They are no active in any form. This isn't an android OS I can actually see everything and their most definitely turned off except for avast.

But thanks for being the first semi-constructive person on this forsaken forum LOL. (semi because you and no one has even attempted to be serious about the actual thread topic of reducing the file system shield scanning in avast)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 08:17:55 AM »
But thanks for being the first semi-constructive person on this forsaken forum LOL. (semi because you and no one has even attempted to be serious about the actual thread topic of reducing the file system shield scanning in avast)
we have no idea, since we dont see it as a problem no one here have tried it. But i guess you will find out .....

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
Hello,

I assume that it is possible to disable background scanning by disabling the antivirus itself. Right click the avast! icon and disable the shield.

Regards,
~!Donovan
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."