Author Topic: Changes to device section  (Read 162132 times)

Offline GaryKatzeff

Re: Changes to device section
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2019, 01:06:51 AM »
Adding my frustration to others - I have been a paying customer for over 5 years. Having read through this thread, there still seems to be no answer from Avast as to how I can revoke a license from an old computer before installing to a new computer to avoid going over my 5 device limit?

MartinZ - is there a way to manage that before the the Q3 delivery of the simplified functionality?

Offline BlackWinny

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2019, 11:51:57 PM »
I have exactly the same problem.

Licenced user of Avast Internet Security for years and years for several PC computers, today one of my laptops have been stolen in town... and I no longer have any ability to remotely revoke immediately this stolen computer from my AVAST account !!! It means that not only the stealer profits of all the protection of MY Avast account on the machine he stole... but also that I pay today for 5 computers including one which is stolen and I can't revoke it to replace it by the new one I'll purchase to replace the stolen one !!!

Seeing the number of persons concerned by the same kind of issue, that kind of huge and grave regression could drive AVAST company to be sued.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2019, 05:35:31 PM »
@ BlackWinny - I'm sorry to hear that one your laptops has been stolen. Could you please create a support request from here: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/, and our support team will be able to assist you in ensuring that your license is not misused by the thief, and that you can install the license on the new one you purchase to replace the stolen device.

@ GaryKatzeff - in order to avoid exceeding your 5 device limit, you would need to uninstall the relevant Avast application from the old computer before installing it on the new computer. The license itself does not need to be revoked on the old system separately.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »
@ BlackWinny - I'm sorry to hear that one your laptops has been stolen. Could you please create a support request from here: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/, and our support team will be able to assist you in ensuring that your license is not misused by the thief, and that you can install the license on the new one you purchase to replace the stolen device.

@ GaryKatzeff - in order to avoid exceeding your 5 device limit, you would need to uninstall the relevant Avast application from the old computer before installing it on the new computer. The license itself does not need to be revoked on the old system separately.
Thanks

What is the procedure to follow when the device is nor stolen nor accessible to uninstall avast (ex:HD crashed)?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2019, 05:22:40 PM »
Hi chris..

If the device is not accessible but hasn't been stolen, then there is no further action needed as long as the device will not be used again in the future - such as in the example of the HD crashing.

If there is a situation where you cannot uninstall the application and the device will be used again, please contact our support team who will assist you according to the specifics of the situation.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »
Thanks,
so...as an unused device releases a license for a new device (without uninstalling or contacting the support first), I think we can use the old device again  as long as we never have more licenses than the limit at the same time  ;)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
yes exactly

Offline daves3

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2020, 09:18:56 PM »
I also found this to be a useful function...
If I am allowed to add Avast to 10 devices where can I find the information that shows how many devices I have added?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2020, 12:10:09 PM »
If I am allowed to add Avast to 10 devices where can I find the information that shows how many devices I have added?
Hi, the info was included in v20.7 Beta#1/#2, but gone again in Beta#3, let's see...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2021, 10:15:52 AM »
hi
The subject has not been updated since last summer so I would like to add that the number of devices used is indicated for some time on the UI in the "subscriptions" menu but also in the online account.
nb:On this last one, "details" also shows the type of devices (category) used.

However, I'm asking myself a question by reading the answers of BWhit(#64) and MartinZ(#66) above and what is now mentioned in the UI :
Activated on : x device(s) out of 10 during the last 30 days
Has there been a change that incorporates a 30-day delay before releasing a device?
especially when the maximum number of licenses is reached, can we change a device whose hard disk would be HS .... instantly or we have to wait 30 days?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »
especially when the maximum number of licenses is reached, can we change a device whose hard disk would be HS .... instantly or we have to wait 30 days?
Hi Chris, yes, but you'll get a warning in the UI (which should disappear at the longest after 30 days).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2021, 11:21:03 AM »
Hi Chris, yes
Thanks Asyn
but you'll get a warning in the UI (which should disappear at the longest after 30 days).
However, this warning will be useless in case of a crash (especially if it is a main device) when all ten licenses are used.
We will have to wait up to 30 days to be able to protect our new replacement device, but we can hope to shorten this period if another of the 9 devices has not been used recently.
Having said that, I admit that this situation is far from being encountered very often, and perhaps by contacting avast to explain the problem, they will be able to bypass the waiting time ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »
You're welcome. (No need to wait, just ignore the warning)

Offline Tim222

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2021, 06:12:05 PM »
OK so I currently have 4 computers and 2 Androids using my subscription but my control panel says there are 11 devices using it. How do I find out about the other 5 computers using my account?