Author Topic: SOA connect frequency  (Read 1907 times)

REDACTED

SOA connect frequency
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »
hi all
i am new here
i just starting to use Avast SOA for trial mode for my company , here i have some questions for this , hope you can help :
1. what is the frequency that client connect to the SOA server ?  if i made some new policy like whitelist program to a group, how long it will take to synchronize to all clients ?    can i  change this setting manually ?

2. now all the new installed clients are in 30 days trial mode , if i import the license file to my SOA server , what status the cilents will be ? still in trial or actived ?

3.  what about the server OS ? the version i downloaded is Endpoint Protection Suite Plus , it contains server protection mode , is it the same install method with the normal PC ?  i also installed the version of mail server  and installed it , but i found it seems can not integrated with SOA , the icon is grey .

hope you can help me , thank you .

REDACTED

Re: SOA connect frequency
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:52:12 PM »
1 . avast Net client services frequently sync with SOA, any new settings will reach clients instantly, you change the update setting from the console

2. once you imported the new license, clients will receive the new license on next sync

3. If you have  Endpoint Protection Suite Plus you can install on both OS, Endpoint Protection Suite Plus supports only MS Exchange

Offline claudiuc

• avast! Security Expert
  • Avast Reseller
  • www.avastantivirus.ro
    • www.avastantivirus.ro
Re: SOA connect frequency
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 09:36:24 PM »
3: check connection with soa server, seems like a communication issue (firewall, etc)
Claudiu C. - Easy Media
Avast & AVG Distributor Romania, Moldova, Hungary
https://www.avastantivirus.ro/