Author Topic: Can't surf on internet  (Read 22812 times)

CyberPK

Can't surf on internet
« on: July 26, 2005, 04:01:19 AM »
Yesterday i started to have this problem. I can't see the webpages using IE and also Firefox. The only way to make it working is shutdown the Web Protection (ashWebSv.exe).
Please help me.

Thank you.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Can't surf on internet
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 09:38:25 AM »
What does firewall say?

CyberPK

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:24:07 PM »
I've Sygate Personal Firewall and the browser are allowed. To be sure i've setted the firewall on Allow al. The same think with the windows firewall (i've got Windows XP SP2).
I've tried to get a webpage using telnet and the "GET /" command and it worked (also with the firewall, i had olnly to allow telnet), but when i use a browser i can't get any webpage. The only way to get webpage is stop the Web Protection.
Today i've noticed that the MSN change by itself the avatar image.
So in provvisory modality i've done a virus scan and a spyware scan (with adaware) withous any result.

And now???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:37:14 PM »
Give the webshield provider access in your firewall.
That should solve it.

CyberPK

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 01:01:01 PM »
No this isn't the problem. It worked before!
I'm almst sure to have a worm or something like this, because rebooting with only avast active (and no other background application) i can use the browser...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 01:02:38 PM »
Follow the instructions on THIS PAGE and see if the problem is solved.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 01:34:56 PM »
I'm almst sure to have a worm or something like this, because rebooting with only avast active (and no other background application) i can use the browser...
Cyber, can you see with TCPView (www.sysinternals.com) or the Sygate logs if any other application or dll is trying to connect?
The best things in life are free.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »

Didn't you updated avast! to the new version - in this case you should be warned by Sygate that WebShield's process (ashwebsv.exe) has been changed and asked to confirm it's rights.

CyberPK

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »
ehm... the ashWebSV.exe is allowed!!! I think to have a virus or something like this. Now i'm going to do e deep scan of anything....

CyberPK

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 02:26:45 AM »
I've done a lot of scansion with avast, with avg, spybot, adaware. Thre's nothing. All the scansion were done in provvisory modality, and also i've done a scheduled scan before windows start. There's nothing. I tried to uninstall the firewall and deactivate the windows firewall. No resuts. The only way to surf the webpage is start windows in provvisory modality or start in normal modality withou any program in auto execution or deactivate the web protection. :(
Now i've seen that clicking on "personalizza" (i'm an italian user...) on the option of the web protection and deleting the "80" under "Porte HTTP reindirizzate" it restart to work.
Have you got any idea???

Ah,
there is a problem with you antivirus. I've scheduled a virus scan before windows start, but it did't start strart the scan because can't reconize my usb keyboard. Why?? I can use it wiyhout driver also in Dos because my bios support usb keyboards... I had to temporanely install a ps2 kayboard...

Spiritsongs

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 02:40:59 AM »
 :) Perhaps you could try either or both of the following FREE
     programs that "specialize" in detecting and removing
     trojans, WORMS, dialers, etc :

1) "Ewido" at www.ewido.net/en
     2) A-squared Free at www.emsisoft.com//en/software/free

I have Sygate Personal firewall 5.6 and if I had XP SP2, I
     would Disable the Windows firewall. The only issue I have
     found having that firewall & Avast on the same computer
     is what "applications" in Sygate should NOT have "Act
     As Server" checked; turns out most should not .

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 09:06:28 AM »
Do you see ashWebSv.exe running? Does it listen on localhost:12080? Does it accept connections on this port (can you telnet there) ? If you enable logging (edit avast4.ini, in section [WebScanner] add EnableLogging=1 and restart WebShield), what does the log show?

CyberPK

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 01:12:59 AM »
Do you see ashWebSv.exe running? Does it listen on localhost:12080? Does it accept connections on this port (can you telnet there) ? If you enable logging (edit avast4.ini, in section [WebScanner] add EnableLogging=1 and restart WebShield), what does the log show?
1) ashWebSv.exe is running.
2) When i try to telnet do localhost:12080 i get connected, but if i try to write anything i get disconnected istantanely.
3) The log file AshWebSv.log has only these lines:
27/07/2005 12.00.07,"","","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Unknown process,PID: 0, SEQ: 0
27/07/2005 12.00.08,"","","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Unknown process,PID: 0, SEQ: 0
27/07/2005 12.00.09,"","","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Unknown process,PID: 0, SEQ: 0
27/07/2005 12.00.10,"","","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Unknown process,PID: 0, SEQ: 0
27/07/2005 12.00.11,"","","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Unknown process,PID: 0, SEQ: 0
27/07/2005 15.01.50,"","","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Unknown process,PID: 0, SEQ: 0

http://tsaclan.netsons.org/files/MyLog.log <-- Here there is the log of sygate personal firewall... For me there is something of strange.

There's also a strange thing. I can see that the msn messenger change my avatar icon by itself. All the antivirus and antispyware that i've tryed before said that there where nothing. To get connected i still need to stop the web protection or do this:
... clicking on "personalizza" (i'm an italian user...) on the option of the web protection and deleting the "80" under "Porte HTTP reindirizzate" it restart to work...

Please help me! I don't like to format my hard disk and reinstall all :(((
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 01:33:58 AM by CyberPK »

ivanmmj

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 06:23:55 AM »
I'm having the exact same problem. One day the internet just stopped working. It would still work but only through winamp 2.x's built in minibrowser and through messanger programs. Then one day it just started to work by itself. Next a few days later, the PC crashed because of something unrelated (or maybe not....) then when it went back up, chkdsk came up (dreaded on NTFS volumes). It found a few messed up files (which I remember thinking looked a LOT like the antivirus files) then it stopped working again. I'm going to try to reinstall Avast. If it doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to switch over to trusty old antivir for a while, while they fix the problem. :'(

CyberPK

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 08:06:14 PM »
there are any news??
I,  ivanmmj and aithent seem to have the same problem :(
Please help us!