Author Topic: Costly SMS sent to Czech Republic (Avast AntiTheft)  (Read 2223 times)

REDACTED

Costly SMS sent to Czech Republic (Avast AntiTheft)
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
I recently switched to another mobile operator, and I installed a new SIM.
But now each tim I switch on the phone, there are SMS sent to the Czech Republic, which cost me 0.30€ per unit (two SMS are sent).
And this also occurs each time "AntiTheft" considers (often incorrectly) that I have remvoed the SIM.

These SMS are sent even if there's an open Wifi access available.
There's no way to stop this without compeltely removing the Antitheft feature...

This means that I'm billed by my operator about 30 to 50 euros per month only for that "feature". (Unfortunately, if there are options to block SMS+ and MMS+ or Internet+ putchases, there's no way to block international calls or standard SMS or MMS from my home country to another country (I have only this option if I am abroad that blocks calling anther country that the local country or my home country to avoid double billings: roaming fees plus call from home).

My operator only proposes me an option using parental control to block all extra billings (but then blocking really too much things and it forbifs me using amny apps and does not work if not using the core Internet browser application or any accesibility feature suc has personal disctionary acsissitants, custom keyboards... simply because it requires installing their own application that replaces the defautl browsers and most authorizations, including Avast applications; and ayway I4m an adult and don't need to be blocked if I use social sites or want to see some films or have some words in chats or Facebook being blocked as if I was a child; and this apps does not understand anything else than basic French and basic English and garbles many things randomly).

Can you instead propose a solution so that:
- these SMS will be sent to a number that can be blocked and logged with parental control of the operator
- not using SMS+/MMS+ or Internet+ purchases
- use Wifi if available instead of SMS to communicate with your authenticated servers
- send SMS tp a number located in out home country (most of your users are not in the Czech Republic) by partnering with major operators (at least countries in the European Union) to avoid all roaming costs (this is iportant or mobile subscribers that ddo not want to subscribe costly international plans, but your application with its SMS costs us more than these subscription plans)
- do not send repeated alerts every day when the same SIM card or GPS location has already been approved; your app should have a whitelist

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:02:52 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

Re: Costly SMS sent to Czech Republic (Avast AntiTheft)
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
This is a bit Mickey Mouse ,  I have just been billed for a month of International SMS's ,
plus 2 more weeks in the pipeline, the SIM was not changed, the "system" just thought it
would be a good idea to check in methinx  ...

I've decided to remove the Avast phone Anti-theft , cannot be confident that I'm not racking up a stupid bill ...

Back to     https://preyproject.com/

Irritated ...