Author Topic: Grimefighter can't get past PC Sedated screen - Ticket opened  (Read 5481 times)

REDACTED

Hello,  I was hoping someone could help me.   I am trying to run Grimefighter and everything works alright until I reboot and Grimefighter comes on,  it loads but then stops at the PC Sedated screen, the green bar at the bottom looks about 98% loaded.   It stays on this screen for about 5-6 minutes then a HQ failed, contact support screen appears.    When I click on the globe in the top right of the HQ failed screen another page comes up that looks like it would be a web page but it says it cannot contact the service/website, etc.  It has a Try Again button but that doesn't help.   I have tried this on both a wireless and wired connection. 

Ticket # MFR-660-59018

REDACTED

Re: Grimefighter can't get past PC Sedated screen - Ticket opened
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 01:04:59 PM »
fino a quando non avrai acquistato il programma non ti funziona niente

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
fino a quando non avrai acquistato il programma non ti funziona niente
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »
yes same to my new grimefighter and dont connect work so let us know what going on

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
I have the exact same problem. I bought and validated GrimeFighter without problems and ran the reboot. The progress then gets stuck on ~99% at "Computer sedated calling in the maintenance team" or something like that. After ~5min I get an error message that GrimeFighter was unable to sedate my pc and that I should contact support. I'm running win 7, I have so far only tried this with a wireless connection.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »
Please use the search option on this webboard before posting.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=151668.msg1112796#msg1112796

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 05:10:45 PM »
Sorry that you too are having this problem I too had it and despite contacting Avast and their CEO who never replied there is only one option bite the bullet and take your computor to be cleared of this rubbish. I took my tower and it cost me £50. after make sure Avast is removed then if you still want it reload the free version but not Grimefighter
Hope this helps
Paul
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:13:33 PM by Acer house »