Author Topic: SD Card Not Detected/Scanned  (Read 6063 times)

REDACTED

SD Card Not Detected/Scanned
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:14:37 PM »
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.4.2; the version of Avast Mobile is 3.0.7702 (July 15, 2014). 

In the Virus Scanner, when I long press to change the Scan storage option, I only see one folder option, STORAGE #1, that has a size that is not large enough to include my SD card.  When I scan just the storage, the scan is over in 3 to 4 seconds.  I have also downloaded the EICAR test and put it both on the internal memory and the SD card.  It is detected in internal memory, but not the card.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, pulled the memory card out and reformatted the card, all to no avail.

Is there an explanation as to why the card is not showing in storage and not being scanned?

Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: SD Card Not Detected/Scanned
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »
I have the same issue, the only difference is my phone is an S4.  I will be dumping Avast if this is not fixed in the next few days.

Offline Sam 2

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
I have the same issue with my LG Optimus G Pro. I have uninstalled AMS and installed CM Security until this issue is addressed (CS found 15 malware on my external sd that Avast wouldn't even scan).

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »
Did you mount the SD card in settings/ storage?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
Wow, replies...glad to see that I am not the only one.

Jan2, yes, the card is mounted.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:44:10 AM »
Hello,
There're plenty of reasons cause such a situation. You should make sure that your phone supports the storage size of the SD card and if you have chosen a right mode for SD card: FAT32 or NTFS. Of course, dirt on SD card or metal wires in the card slot twist or rust may also account for the same problem. You can read a guide about Android doesn't read SD card and solve your problem step by step.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:54:52 AM by bernalrichard »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »
There could be various issues (as mentioned by bernalrichard) for your SD card not detected on your Samsung phones. But, there are few things that you can do it by yourself to fix this issue. The solution can be found here - Fix Android Device Doesn’t Detect or Recognize External SD Card Issue!