Author Topic: It's Not You, It's Us  (Read 10537 times)

REDACTED

It's Not You, It's Us
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »
Hello,
I just purchased Grimefighter after the demo told me there were 22 issues. I ran it 3 times after rebooting and receive the "It's not you, it's us" error message each time. I have the most current version of Avast 9.0.2021 on Windows 7 Pro. Please help.
Kathy

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: It's Not You, It's Us
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 08:53:51 PM »
Hi,

We had a server issue today that we are working hard to resolve.  It should be fixed within the next day or so.  I will post back here when it's fixed.  After that please try to run GrimeFighter again.

Sorry for this inconvenience, please give us a day or two to get it right.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
Indeed I also purchased Grimefighter.
It appeared an unworkable program, which is apparently not working standalone but remotely controlled (is that right?) , as I think.

When my completely up to date WINDOWS 7 PRO laptop was led in coma, I suddenly could not insert my complete emailaddress because the "@" was not working anymore, so access impossible.
Now I read THEY = YOU AVAST have problems, I try next day, otherwise I ask AVAST to return my money transfer...

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:49:09 AM »
I purchased Grimefighter on May 27th. I have tried to run it about 5 times since then -- waiting several hours while watching it rack up like 50-60 karma ... and then every time I have gotten this message/result.

Here are my system specs:

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium   
Version   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601   
Other OS Description    Not Available   
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation   
System Manufacturer   Hewlett-Packard   
System Model   HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC   
System Type   x64-based PC   
Processor   AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1650 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)   
BIOS Version/Date   Insyde F.53, 10/23/2012   
SMBIOS Version   2.7   
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume1   
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.1.7601.17514"   
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4.00 GB   
Total Physical Memory   3.60 GB   
Available Physical Memory   1.35 GB   
Total Virtual Memory   7.20 GB   
Available Virtual Memory   4.45 GB   
Page File Space   3.60 GB

I'm really frustrated at this point because I thought it would help something. But instead it just keeps notifying me of reasons I should use it but not actually accomplishing anything.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:49 PM »
Hello Dorys,

I will pass this info to our Development team.  Hopefully they will able to identify the issue and resolve it.

Regards

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 08:07:42 AM »
Thanks.

Offline marc14

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:15 PM »
I keep getting the "It's not you, it's us" message each time as I try to run the program. I have been trying to start it up for 4 days with the same result.

I'm running Windows 7 premium with the latest AVAST updates installed: Version 2014.9.0.2021

Update August 20, 2014:

No answer and I'm still getting the same message. Apparently nobody cares, neither do I. I'm getting my money back. I can't believe this company puts such a shitty feature in the market.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:39:31 PM by marc14 »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »
I too have the same problem (It's not you, it's Us).  Contacted customer support (email).  They gave a one trick to try (run grimefighter standalone) which did not work.  After many more tries at scanning I had no luck.  After that customer support responded that my hardware is likely not compatible and to go for a hardware replacement.  That was the last message two weeks ago.  No further response. 

First the response is ridiculous, I'm going to change a computer that works for a program designed to make it run better?  This absolutely horrible customer service.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »
Hi Qanat and Marc,

Please open a support ticket requesting a refund and post the ticket number here.  I will make sure it is handled asap.

The issue we face with GrimeFighter, just to give you a bit more info, is that it boots into Linux in order to do it's job.  It's a relatively complicated operation and if we detect anything in the disk, hardware, or OS settings that we don't want to mess with we'd rather back out and offer a refund instead of messing up your PC. 

I know it doesn't help you much but I just wanted to explain why this is happening.

We are working on a long-term solution for this but it will come some time next year I am afraid.

Kind regards

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
I was subscribed to this thread but have not received notifications of posts so I just saw the information above about requesting a refund and submitting the ticket here. Since I'm in the same boat as the others, I did so and my ticket # is YGV-482-47955.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »
I was subscribed to this thread but have not received notifications of posts so I just saw the information above about requesting a refund and submitting the ticket here. Since I'm in the same boat as the others, I did so and my ticket # is YGV-482-47955.

Hi
Just for information, these ticket submissions are taking quite some time (2-3 weeks)
Don't submit again. If it takes longer you can post back here.  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 07:49:38 PM »
I have the same problem. Ticket number for a refund is EBU-274-26608

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 11:14:14 AM »
 Strange, my GrimFighter has been working for some time, when I get this message:GMF-00-001-12-AR ??? It's a shame, because for me GrimFighter seem's to work very well :-)

My ticket number:GMF-00-001-12-AR

Kindly

Lars

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
Hi Morocosta,

Could you share the error message you received?  You just posted the ticket number.  Thanks in advance,

dvdk

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 06:40:39 AM »
http://puu.sh/ddIIl.png

I have been trying to use my grimefighter for 3 months, and every time i've tried it says "it's not you, it's us" I bought a 1 yr subscription in hopes that i would be able to actually use the product but i havent been able to for 3 months now. Either help me fix it or give me a refund because this is annoying.