Author Topic: It's Not You, It's Us  (Read 10542 times)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: It's Not You, It's Us
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 05:27:13 PM »
http://puu.sh/ddIIl.png

I have been trying to use my grimefighter for 3 months, and every time i've tried it says "it's not you, it's us" I bought a 1 yr subscription in hopes that i would be able to actually use the product but i havent been able to for 3 months now. Either help me fix it or give me a refund because this is annoying.

Like all direction to everyone else in this thread, submit a support ticket, give details and request Refund if desired. https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit

You can post your ticket # here in this topic
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:29:27 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »
I bought it about a month ago and it's NEVER run successfully on my Win7/Ultimate machine.
It's always the same message.
I'll file a ticket for a refund, but that's a pretty lame response.  It's like Avast is throwing up it's hands and saying "we don't know why it's broken and we can't be bothered to fix it".

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »
I bought it about a month ago and it's NEVER run successfully on my Win7/Ultimate machine.
It's always the same message.
I'll file a ticket for a refund, but that's a pretty lame response.  It's like Avast is throwing up it's hands and saying "we don't know why it's broken and we can't be bothered to fix it".

Agreed.
I'm just a user, not with Avast corportation and as you can tell by the posts, you are not alone.
You have done what you needed to do.
There are and have been more problems with GrimeFighter then any other module.
Personally I have not, do not and would never use this kind of tool to clean my computer.
In any case, it is what it is and as far as I've 'read' I believe there is a bug fix version planned for beginning of next year.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
Hi Evan,

Please post your ticket number here so I can follow up for you.  Regarding the messaging you receive, please let me explain a bit;

GrimeFighter does a pretty extensive check of the PC HW, registry, disk, etc.. when it begins the process of booting into Linux (at the beginning of the cleaning phase).  If it finds anything that looks to be in an unexpected state then it backs out rather than cause any damage to your PC.

Because that issue could be a number of things (and quite technical) we provide a kind of generic error message there.  I agree it is not informative as some would like.

One additional remark, in late January we will be adding a function which does this PC check before purchase, thus avoiding exactly this issue where you bought it and then discovered it won't work which is obviously not a good experience and one we need to (and will) improve.

Thanks,

davidek