Author Topic: Can't send email with outlook express or any 3rd party email client!  (Read 2496 times)

ariellim

Hi!

I need help with my email sending problem.

I always use outlook for sending emails through outlook express.

However after installing AVAST, I already receive errors when sending an email even without any attachment. Receiving has no problem.

I tried uninstalling AVAST, disabled firewall, and even uninstalling SP2. nothing solved the problem.

I even tried using a local smtp server and assigned it to listen to port 26,and any other port numbers but it still didn't worked. seems avast destroyed my mail sending.

I have no problem with virus scanning.. it is splendid and very accurate.

I am using, windows xp pro SP2, Avast Home Free edition, I have both windows and avast auto update enabled. I am using windows firewall.. I tried adding ashMaiSv.exe in my exception list in the firewall. I use Outlook Express and even tried a third party software.

How could I possibly fix this? Any help please... ???
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:49:06 AM by ariellim »

ariellim

Re: Can't send email with outlook express or any 3rd party email client!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:59:06 PM »
Problem solved! it is my ISP blocking port 25 for anti-spamming.

I got the problem solved.

Thanks!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can't send email with outlook express or any 3rd party email client!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:31:53 PM »
Glad that you have resolved the problem.

Welcome to the forums.
Stick around and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security