Author Topic: adaware  (Read 3048 times)

d65

adaware
« on: July 27, 2005, 02:52:31 AM »
could someone explane when i scan with adaware the little icon(avast icon) on the task bar goes round.however during a scan with adaware avast picked up two trojans very odd.Considering i was not scanning with avast.

MFB

Re: adaware
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 03:06:44 AM »
Well I don't know much but I believe that when Ad-aware is scanning, Ad-aware is opening up those files that it's scanning to detect any spywares or malwares.  Since avast! Standard Shield detects and scan all files that are open, running, etc, avast! is scanning along with Ad-aware.  I might be mistaken but that's just my hypothesis.   ;D 

however during a scan with adaware avast picked up two trojans very odd.Considering i was not scanning with avast.

Avast! Standard Shield again scans all files that are open, running, etc. I'm assuming that when Ad-aware was scanning a few files, avast! detected some of those files having Trojan viruses.   :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 03:08:56 AM by FIXER »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 03:15:35 AM »
Welcome to forums !

...during a scan with adaware avast picked up two trojans very odd.Considering i was not scanning with avast...

Of course... and it's not odd at all... That's why we have avast! resident shield. It works in the background and keeps you protected. If it's not there you wouldn't have a clue now that your system is infected...

hope this clears it a bit...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

d65

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 03:18:54 AM »
That was quick.I rather though that myself,since the icon was going round.thanks for the quick reply guys.