Author Topic: Unable to connect to Avast Quick Connect technical support  (Read 40638 times)

Offline VojtaN

• Avast team
  • No PM please
Re: Unable to connect to Avast Quick Connect technical support
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
I am unable to connect to Avast's Quick Connect technical support to report a problem. With 2 attempts, I was told to connect to the internet and try again, but I was connected to the internet at the time.

Hello - quick connect is a remote tool which is used to connect to Total Support subscriber's computer. And it' s free of charge.
I requested our call center manager to call you.

Thank you and sorry for bad experience.

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »
Brilliant!! well done VijtaN ..

BUT why did it take Avast so long to get on to this... it was first posted August 2??

AND, is Total Support a truly Avast service or is it outsourced as all contributors so far have suggested?

http://www.avast.com/en-gb/total-support

I paid £129.99 to Avast@digitalriver.com and still ended up with a problem that had to be resolved by essexboy in the Virus & Malware forum..

see...    "Virus and Malware.. after clean up of Ransomware... what next? "

I feel that Avast Total Support has been misrepresented and actually did not fully resolve the problem... so what now? a fight for refund?

Otherwise.. my thanks to all contributors who have helped me arrive at a resolution of problems (I hope).

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2014, 11:34:34 PM »
1) Essexboy is highly trained and teaches Malware/Virus removal.
2) Phone/Live Tech's like DG are usually no more the basic technicians
3) Anything that requires paying, like virus removal, is usually a hoax. Any sites by AMF or UNITE are completely Free. (List Here for UNITE).
4) Total Support is NOT avast! but 3rd party support.

If you search in Avast! Forums the general reputation of these 3rd Party Support people, it's absolutely negative, I've yet to hear anything good about them and how they smear Avast!'s good rep.

Edit: I had a look at what Essex did for you, and as mentioned, they actually seemed to get (most) of it... Just some remnants luckily.

Thanks VojtaN for coming :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:40:18 PM by Michael (alan1998) »
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »
i have just paid £129 to total support thinking i was paying avast and not some third party, i think i have been scammed, at no point was i told they were a third party, because if they were i wouldn't have paid, they were on my pc for about 4 hours, god knows what they have done,
After i paid i got a avast email telling me their was a problem with billing and they would have to put my money back in my account and for me to send my bank details, when i phoned up thinking they were avast, they said i should ignore the email, how did these people who sent the scam email have my details, do they have rogue workers at total support, is my pc now worse off than before.
Do i call FBI and tell them, if this is happening to lots of people then this is a big problem.
I have just paid £99 for 3 years avast premier, i have no problem with avast, but paying third parties calling themselves avast is fraud. i don't have the money or the experience to have my PC checked, i will contact digital river, if no help then the authorities.

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
woah woah. No need for the FBI too get involved. Avast! can deal with them easier. Few emails an your fine.

If you can chill for a little while, I will get votja back here to help you fully.
VOLUNTEER

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »
I don't have the money or the experience to have my PC checked.

Curious, what is your issue?

If it's the URL: Mal issue that's been sweeping around, help is free in the virus and worm section. Post there, if you believe you're infected.
VOLUNTEER

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »
Hi Michael.  You say above....

4) Total Support is NOT avast! but 3rd party support.

So what do you, and Avast, think of this weblink?

This is what I and others signed up to after calling the number/s on that webpage.

Having followed your, Asyn's guidance and particulary essexboy's how-to-do-it guidance I think my PC is now cleaner than clean.

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »
Unless something has changed recently, and Avast! has taken over the support, they aren't Avast!.

As for the advice, I find, usually, computers, moreso, store bought ones, and not customs, are usually filled with junkware. One might say, your computer is cleaner then when you bought it first :) At least, my school and Dell one is.
VOLUNTEER

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »
A couple of weeks ago my computer started going funny, i phoned the company that supplied the computer, i get a computer because of my disabilities, the company that gives me my computer only has standard technicians, i phoned avast because it said my avast had a internet connection problem, next thing the guy is telling me my PC is got virus's everywhere, i got a bit scared, i have only been using a PC for about 2 years, i had to learn myself ,so i'm lower than basic user, i had to learn from you tube, now this guy saying i was in trouble your computer is going to crash, he said i had to pay £ 129,  seeing it was avast i didn't mind, as it goes i just paid yesterday for three years avast premiere, my problem isnt with avast its these people telling me they are avast when there not, after i paid the £129 i get a email from avast telling me there was a problem with my payment and for me to send my bank details so they could put the money back, i phoned the number and they said oh don't worry just ignore it, they weren't a bit put out at all, and the people who sent me the email how did they get my details, like i said i dont have a problem with avast or i wouldnt have got three years premier yesterday. I'm not rich as matter of fact i havent got a pot to piss in, so every penny counts,the only reason i'm worried is that i'm house bound and the computer is my lifeline. when these these people took over my computer for about 5 hours, since then i have had nothing but problems, i'm sorry i'm not as savvy as you i have had to learn to use pc late in life.

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »
Michael , i'm confused if you buying a product from some one claiming to be a company and in fact they are not isn't that fraud.

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2014, 04:35:09 PM »
Surely it must be possible to check whether on not www.avast.com (and extensions) are really Avast or not?

is VojtaN with Avast?

I attach a cut n paste of the email confirmation I received..... if that is NOT Avast then it certainly looks like it but it would be Fraud.

AVAST!!!! AVAST!!!!! where are you ???????????????  damn, these were supposed to be query marks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:36:48 PM by cridgejm »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »
VojtaN is an Avast team member as you can see by his avatar.

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 04:47:58 PM »
team  member - employed by Avast? 

If so then he should be able to clarify whether or not Avast Total Support as featured here http://www.avast.com/en-gb/total-support is fully Avast.

We wait for you VojtaN.

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
I have just phoned them up, and the lady who answered the phone that she was Avast, i told her there are  some confusion and they said the defiantly are Avast, can someone from Avast please explain.and the scam email asking for my bank details was from avast@digitalriver even though i payed with paypal, and when i phone up Avast total support they knew nothing about it and told me to take no notice, something not right.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 04:57:30 PM »
VojtaN is an Avast team member as you can see by his avatar.

He is the "3rd Party Support Manager" - this implies that there is a 3rd party support outsourced by avast. Whilst it may not be avast, it is commissioned by avast and they have to take responsibility for it.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security