Author Topic: Unable to connect to Avast Quick Connect technical support  (Read 40476 times)

REDACTED

Re: Unable to connect to Avast Quick Connect technical support
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:03 AM »
OK , now i know the are officially used by Avast, is it normal to take over someone's computer for 5 hours, then for the next 3 days the computer the keep shutting down , losing Gmail account, keyboard and mouse not working for a whole day, then getting email from said company asking for bank details to pay money back that they said was a problem with billing, even though i used Paypal, when i phoned they said . i wasn't us, and not to worry about it, i told them it was from their company, they said just ignore it. have they got rogue agents? has anyone else sent bank details and lost savings, as Avast don't you want to know these things, they are trading on your name.

REDACTED

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
Thanks for the info Moroni. 

I have submitted a Refund Claim Ticket at Customer Support.   I'll post updates here.

It's a pity to get into a fight with Avast and I hope it will not become one.

I have used Avast Free for several years and have now signed up for Avast Internet Security, 3 PCs, 2 years ..........so it's not that I want to throw mud on Avast.

REDACTED

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 10:48:41 AM »
Posted by: jonnywill1661
« on: Today at 10:35:03 AM »

Jonny,   You are not wrong but it seems your PC has been in a mess after dealing with, supposedly, Avast Tech Support.  Supposedly?  YES supposedly because the way in which ATS has been set up nobody can really know who they are letting get into their PC and that has to be BAD (Avast take note).

So now what to do Jonny?   

FIRST:  Do exactly as moronic posted Today at 07:08:06 AM

For any issues with the call center please attempt first to contact them by phone directly or submit a ticket to us https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit

SECOND:  Start a Thread and I'm sure that somebody, if you are lucky essexboy, will help you get sorted.

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
can you help me.

Make a new thread as stated in cridje's thread, and post the needed logs. I will personally see to it, you get help from someone
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
@ Moroni 
Avast Team  Jr. Member

Thanks for your time.
First I'd say it's obvious I'm not the only one confused. This has not been the only Thread on the "Avast Support" Confusion over the years
You ask where I got the idea, well from websites and adds you mentioned, all over the internet together with real time complaints here on the forum, again with no clarification (that I've read)
Till now as far as I know, this is the first relatively in depth explanation.

Having said that, I still fine it odd if not concerning that guruaid is allowed to do what it's doing with inpunity ???

Thank you for your time. :)

Edit: additional
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:42:57 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2014, 07:07:05 PM »
Hi schmidthouse,

"Guruaid" is being run by "clowns" that already have been driven a lot of existing and potential customers away from a trustworthy av solution like avast software is. They are given the product a bad name and their scheme is balancing on being unethical. Users with support questions are best advised to shun this form of third party support.

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
Hi schmidthouse,

"Guruaid" is being run by "clowns" that already have been driven a lot of existing and potential customers away from a trustworthy av solution like avast software is. They are given the product a bad name and their scheme is balancing on being unethical. Users with support questions are best advised to shun this form of third party support.

polonus

Yes Pol, thanks I understand; as I have dealt with many posts on the forum. I've also looked into ' guruaid'
My question still remains, How is it this apparent 'fraud' by guruaid has been allowed to exist for so long.
Anyway, all users having issues now have a "CONFIRMED" Avast Phone Support  Number. ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »
Jesus christ, i only wanted help because i'm absolutely shite with computers, now it feels like i'm in the matrix. let me explain. i'm housebound and live on disability, and on top of that i live with my mother ( i'm over 50 ) remember the movie throw momma from the train, i was that soldier? because of me being housebound i was advised to take up a hobby, seeing rambling and flying kites were out of the picture my therapist adviced open university, where i could get a degree. seeing i was last at school 35 years ago and even at school i had the IQ of a flip flop, my therapist said they had special exceptions, like eric cartman in the special games, the open university supplied me with a computer and i got a tutor and next thing you know i'm learning about things i never thought i would like never mind understand IE ( 1st world war poet Wilfred Owen ). i passed with 57%, on to next module at the end of January. Then i had problems with Avast saying no internet connection, so i phoned them up, my head was spinning what they where saying , like nsa had put a full team to infiltrate my PC, so i paid £ 129, lets be honest here, i didn't have 129 vietnamese dong but i went to mum and paid, then just to make sure i was fully protected i asked my sister for £99 and got 3 years Avast premiere, thats when the real kakamundo hit the fan, PC crashed more times than a clown car, mouse and keyboard stop working, Gmail would'nt load, i was on the phone to total support every day, i only had 6 days, now i'm dragged into the matrix, jesus christ Avast how much money do you need, i only wanted phone support, oh , and i got a email asking for my bank details when i paid with Paypal, then they said they didn't send it, i really don't give a shiney shite my ilness trumps your pain in the ass any day, thanks to cridgejm for the email trying to help.

Offline VojtaN

• Avast team
  • No PM please
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »
Basically, they're 3rd party. They aren't Avast!. If I were you, all your issues take here (https://forum.avast.com/?board=4.0) and ask for your refund.

Hello Avast Total support is serviced by multiple avast contractors. It is whitelabeled service and agents are instructed to introduce themselves as Avast.
I will let double check this case as it seems that particular agent didn't follow the procedure.

Thank you for your note

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »
Argh!, OK then, thanks for that tadbit of info Vojta. So, with Avast! intergrating Total Support, does that mean, people like Guru, will be more or less, nonexistent?
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
Argh!, OK then, thanks for that tadbit of info Vojta. So, with Avast! intergrating Total Support, does that mean, people like Guru, will be more or less, nonexistent?

Snip> "Avast Total support is serviced by multiple avast contractors"

How would we ever know for sure?

REDACTED

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »
Just spoke to my tutor , he says i'm allowed  total refund as it's only been 6 days, if i don't get any joy get in touch with trading standards, still no response about scam email asking for my bank details, what a shitty company, plus just sent email to paypal Items not received or a potential fraudulent seller, feel sick.

REDACTED

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2014, 10:09:19 PM »
Just sent Paypal email, wonder what they will do?

REDACTED

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »
UPDATE:   
Avast Total Support rang from US and told me (in the UK), 'more support - yes... Refund.. No'. 

I explained that in the UK we have maybe different laws when one pays with credit card.  Visa are now disputing the charge on my behalf. 

It's such a pity that 'Avast' have allowed themselves to get into such a mess with this.  A simple.. 'OK we refund you' and I would not be posting this...   

Hopefully this will be quickly resolved by AVAST proper and we can all relax because the PRODUCT Avast is better than Avast Total Support.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

REDACTED

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2014, 02:28:21 AM »
iI have sent email to trading standards, and also to Paypal, if i still get no help or answers i will email the National Crime Agency - National Cyber Crime Unit, i got nothing to lose, i think they are taking the piss, me i have no beef with Avast, it's the other buffoons my headache is with, when i got the scam email that asked for my bank details, if they would have said , sorry it was a mistake ,ok, but to leave me hanging on the phone for half a hour and say it wasn't them  and for me to just ignore it, that's when the alarm bells started ring, and they still haven't had the decent to get in touch, i'm not really bothered know iv'e sent all the emails , lets see what they make of it, i would like to see were Paypal stand, do they know the firm there dealing with are refusing too refund money in the 30 day allowance, lets wait and see.  thanks for head up cridgejm.