Author Topic: Forced automatic update from 2014.9.0.2008 to 2014.9.0.2021 internet not working  (Read 8400 times)

REDACTED

@ SafeSurf

:) yes, in my first post on this thread under the heading 'Just to re-iterate' i mention i have done an install with Zonealarm removed.

Thanks

REDACTED

Sorry, I lost you there...we're on page 2!   I appreciate your patience.  Submit the ticket.  In the meantime, we can still support you here until you hear from them.  OK?

REDACTED

I don't really see how submitting a ticket will help, but i will give it to the end of the week to see if anybody can help on this thead or any others that are ongoing.

However, i honestly don't think it can be resolved going by the amount of threads on the internet, which basically comes down to 'Turn of your Webshield' or move to AVG.

I have tried so many things while the forum was down yesterday even down to changing my date and time and clock sync.

REDACTED

Submitting a ticket goes directly to the Avast Team (the techs., developers, etc.), so it may make a difference.  It certainly can't hurt.

REDACTED

i'm at work at the moment, but may do that this evening when i get chance - Again thanks for your quick responses

REDACTED

No problem...that's what I'm here for.  :)  Have fun at work!

REDACTED

haha - cheers and you :)

REDACTED

At least you're making money.  I'm just volunteering.

REDACTED

... but you probably enjoy it... Anyway thanks again :)

REDACTED

Try a previous version. It's working for me so far.

REDACTED

@ Jacemace

Sorry Jacemace, i'm not too sure what you mean, which version of Avast are you running now ?

I've seen your other thread and you seem to have the exact same problem as me ...

REDACTED

Jacemace,

Please stick to your own thread.  We are trying to help hallucinogenix here.  Thank you.

REDACTED

@ Safesurf

Sorry Safesurf i don't want to contradict you or appear rude, but i welcome any help i can get on this subject and Jacemace in particular has been one of the few people who has given me constructive advice and shared his / her experiences which i appreciate.

Also just to let you know i have reverted back to v2008 as it is the only option for me at this time as nobody has been forthcoming with genuine constructive help on this thread, including the person who advised me to create it, and find that commenting on Jacemaces thread is the only way forward at this point in time.

At least we now know it 'has' been forced on us ! - Which is not really a good thing...

Thanks

REDACTED

OK...I respect that.  Did you submit a ticket yet?

REDACTED

erm... no i forgot last night as i was trying to get v2021 to work and in the end found that it had other issues with crashing turning the webshield on and off and also the uninstaller crashed when uninstalling v2021 'Replacing files' and luckily didn't corrupt my system.

At this point i had enough and getting a little angry to say the least. So reverted to v2008 and here we are now ! - Disillusioned and despondent... but with a temporarily working Anti Virus Program.