Author Topic: Grimefighter Won't Go Past PC Sedated Screen May I Please Have My Money Back?  (Read 4679 times)

REDACTED

"Hello,  I was hoping someone could help me.   I am trying to run Grimefighter and everything works alright until I reboot and Grimefighter comes on,  it loads but then stops at the PC Sedated screen, the green bar at the bottom looks about 98% loaded.   It stays on this screen for about 5-6 minutes then a HQ failed, contact support screen appears.    When I click on the globe in the top right of the HQ failed screen another page comes up that looks like it would be a web page but it says it cannot contact the service/website, etc.  It has a Try Again button but that doesn't help.   I have tried this on both a wireless and wired connection. "

I've quoted another user because my issue is identical.  I'm running Windows 7.  I called and asked for support about two weeks ago and an unfriendly customer service representative was granted access to my computer and said that because I had allowed a piece of malware to exist on my computer that Grimefighter would not work.  I said that that answer does not help and that I wanted a refund.  She said that I had 30 days from the time of purchase, which was July 7, to ask for and receive a refund.  I asked her if she would process my request and she said no, but that I should go to http://support.avast.com

Grimefighter simply will not do its job, so since I am still within 30 days of my purchase, I just want to get a refund now please. 

Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
You did not call avast for support but a third party.

Well, did you contacted avast?

REDACTED

Yes I did.  Are you able to assist?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:20:45 AM by bcvsvalo »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Ok, have patience now.
It can take 10 business days (2 weeks) before things are processed.

REDACTED

Alright.  What information will you need from me to process my request? 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Provide your customer number/order number in the ticket as well as the reason why you want a refund.

ps:
I don't need the information, avast does  ;)
I'm just like you a user.
Just trying to help other users if they have a problem.

REDACTED

"Hello,  I was hoping someone could help me.   I am trying to run Grimefighter and everything works alright until I reboot and Grimefighter comes on,  it loads but then stops at the PC Sedated screen, the green bar at the bottom looks about 98% loaded.   It stays on this screen for about 5-6 minutes then a HQ failed, contact support screen appears.    When I click on the globe in the top right of the HQ failed screen another page comes up that looks like it would be a web page but it says it cannot contact the service/website, etc.  It has a Try Again button but that doesn't help.   I have tried this on both a wireless and wired connection. "

I've quoted another user because my issue is identical.  I'm running Windows 7.  I called and asked for support about two weeks ago and an unfriendly customer service representative was granted access to my computer and said that because I had allowed a piece of malware to exist on my computer that Grimefighter would not work.  I said that that answer does not help and that I wanted a refund.  She said that I had 30 days from the time of purchase, which was July 7, to ask for and receive a refund.  I asked her if she would process my request and she said no, but that I should go to http://support.avast.com

Grimefighter simply will not do its job, so since I am still within 30 days of my purchase, I just want to get a refund now please. 

Thank you.
My problem is exactly the same, Looks like I might just as well forget about asking for any refund and take this one on the chin.
They won't get any more though. Grimefighter was a complete waste of time.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Hi busydrive,

Please post your ticket number here that you opened with Support and I will follow up to make sure your refund is processed quickly.

Thank you,

Davidek